Always over on protein and under in everything else

Options
I am noticing with my food journal I am always over in protein and under in everything else. I am the kind of person that gains 5 lbs overnight. I always thought that you were supposed to eat a lot of protein to lose weight...could this be my problem?

Replies

• suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I am noticing with my food journal I am always over in protein and under in everything else. I am the kind of person that gains 5 lbs overnight. I always thought that you were supposed to eat a lot of protein to lose weight...could this be my problem?

How many grams of protein, carbs and fat are you averaging?
  • klg2022
    klg2022 Posts: 14
    Options
    Well I just joined this site yesterday, but have done Bodybugg in the past. Totals yesterday were 109 Protein, 240 Carbs, 53 Fat.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Well I just joined this site yesterday, but have done Bodybugg in the past. Totals yesterday were 109 Protein, 240 Carbs, 53 Fat.

I don't know how much you weigh but I don't think 109g protein is too much. I would cut the carbs to about 140g, that is slashing 400 calories - which will give you in total about 1473 calories. Try that amount for a week or two and see if there is movement and up calories as you need to. Also, what type of carbs are you eating - to get to 240g you must be eating a lot of pasta, bread, rice, potatoes??? Maybe those carbs also come with a lot of sodium? Personally, that is what I would do.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Note that MFP has protein set quite low, you can change this in your settings