Hi I am new

Options
Hello I am new here heard about it from another forum minimins I am on xenical and have lost 13 pound in 3 weeks I have a long way to go want to lose 125 pound still, Started exercising today which I find hard as I have painful joints with arthritis but walking my little dog is a start

Replies

• Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, This Is a great site I hope you enjoy it here as we I have ...Its only works if you allows it their are good days as well as bad...But the main thing is to saty motivated no matter how many times the scale dont move:grumble: .But I just recently borke a plateau 2 1/2 weeeks ago. Hang in their.No matter how many times you fail get back up again
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hello I am new here heard about it from another forum minimins I am on xenical and have lost 13 pound in 3 weeks I have a long way to go want to lose 125 pound still, Started exercising today which I find hard as I have painful joints with arthritis but walking my little dog is a start

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As for exercise, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also recently aquired the Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • HeatherMMB
    HeatherMMB Posts: 95
    Options
    Hi - and Welcome!! What a great step you have taken! you are doing a great thing for yourself. This is a wonderful site - very easy to use and seeing what you have eaten is a great help - make sure you don't cheat yourself - eat what you should eat - if you don't you just won't loose the weight! Small, consistent steps wil get you there!!
    :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome. You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • dalaney
    dalaney Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words and yes I am loving the site I am logging my food every day and it is a real eye opener. I think I may be ding it a bit wrong though as I am keeping well within my allowance but seem to end up having an awful lot of calories for my evening meal and then just sitting slumped in front of the tv. It is difficult to have the bigger meal at lunchtime though does any one know if it makes a big difference when you have your calories??