Detox

Options
I am considering a detox-esque diet to get ride of those stubborn ten pounds. I know that detoxes can be risky and potentially very unhealthy. Does this plan sound like its okay? Any input is much apprieciated!

Breakfast
0.5 cup Low Sugar Fruit (ie Berries, Pear, Apple)
1 cup milk with Sugar Free Carnation Instant Breakfast OR 1 Yogurt OR 0.75 cup Cottage Cheese

Lunch
Salad (Veggies with some protein)
SFCIB with 1 cup Milk

Dinner
4-6oz of :Lean Proten (Chicken, Beef, Fish, Eggs)
Unlimited Veggies

Because of my very active lifestyle, the plan said that I could also have a cup of Oatmeal or brown rice or another whole grain equivilent.

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure what that's supposed to be "detoxing". It just looks like an extremely low calorie diet, even adding in the carbs.

Truthfully, I think all that it would do is make the last ten pounds even more stubborn.

How many calories are you eating now daily? And how much exercise? I'm finding for my last five pounds (or reducing my body fat %) Under the advice of a trainer and a nutritionist, I'm eating more than I ever thought possible. . .under the theory that you've got to stoke the fire to reduce body fat and build muscle.
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Try adding green tea to your diet. It will help "detox" the system. :drinker: