Is this the right thing for me?

Options
Contemplating whether or not to keep counting calories. I found myself today being very low and not wanting to eat anything because I was scared i would gain weight, or not loose any at least. I know this is unhealthy thinking, but I couldn't just ignore it and eat.
My husband says I need to stop using this application, but I don't really want to.
I don't know whether to stop and risk gaining weight and loosing control again then hating myself, or keep going and potentially develop really bad habits.

Replies

• kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I have not been logging lately however I do still check in with the forums and challenges. I have crept up a bit (5 pounds) and am going to start logging again, at least for a while but only you know if this is a problem for you. I can log or not log and am fine either way. I don't feel panic if I do not log so maybe try to go without and see what happens. I will have to say I love to run and if I don't get to run I feel some of the anxiety over not running but I love the exhilaration of it so I do understand why you might feel this way. Hope this helps :)
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Sounds like hubby might be right, that you are obsessing. What is your goal? Is it to lose weight or just to stay in shape? You can still add your exercise, keep notes, check forums, offer and receive support, etc.

Alternately, you can keep a written diary of what you are eating and leave off cals.

In any case, best of luck to you!!