Water retention

Options
What does everyone do for water retension. In the last week i've gained 4lbs. I'm thinking its water retention because of how i'm feeling and the look of my ankles. Any suggestions?

Replies

• seamaiden1000
    seamaiden1000 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Drink dandelion root tea probably the safest and with zero calories. Make sure that it's unprocessed; it has a an earthy taste which may be off putting at first if you have a sweet tooth, but this will change as your taste buds adapt. Reduce salt, reduce starches and sugars. Eat a 'clean' diet and drink lots of water to help flush toxins, about 2 litres. Take plenty of antioxidants vitamins eg vitamin C, St Mary's Thistle both of which help liver detox. Also make sure you are having at least 25 grams of fibre with good probiotic supplements (the type you have to keep in the fridge). This way you get bad stuff out and good bacteria in situation.

Also make sure you have good protein with little saturated fat, but high omega 3 and mono saturated fat as found in fish, olive oil. Also have good B complex vitamins.

Generally, your bloating can be a response to the general 'dumping' of toxins if you have suddenly become 'clean' so be sure to clear your digestive track and give strength to your liver. Hope this helps...
  • tyoung4
    tyoung4 Posts: 30
    Options
    Fresh parsley and lemon helps also. Make like a cup of hot tea.
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Options
    Lay off of the sodium for the next few days and drink at least double the amount of water you usually do. If it is a huge problem, talk to your physician.
  • ryliejaiden
    ryliejaiden Posts: 68
    Options
    Drink dandelion root tea

Yep. You can also just add some dandelion leaves into your salad or just eat them plain. The tea tastes better though.
    Also, I know that when I am drinking 0.5-1oz. of water per pound of body weight, I have no chance of gaining any water weight. It works wonders for me! Fluid pushes fluid. If you drink more, you retain less.
    Also try to cut back on your sodium intake.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I agree that you should really watch your salt intake and increase your water levels. H2O is the best thing to drink to shed excess water gain