My short term goal...Need support!

Options
Right now I am 25 years old, 5'4" and weigh 146 lbs and while I don't think I'm exactly overweight, I'm not naturally thin like I used to be. I'd like to eat better and excercise more just to get more fit...and less jiggly!

Today I went to A.E. and found a cute pair of shorts. I got the size 10 and while they fit, I'm a little insecure about the size of my thighs and of my stomach not being as flat as I'd like when I wear them... So my goal is by July 1 (that gives me about a month) to wear these shorts out feeling a little more toned and confident!

My long term goal can be to go down a size or two, but for right now this is my short term goal. Does this sound attainable? Please add me as a friend and help me with this quest cause I can use all the support I can get! I always give up way too easily when trying to loose weight.

Thanks!

Replies

• mnturk
    mnturk Posts: 3
    Options
    I think that's definitely attainable! That's one month to tone your lower body and lose a few lbs. You can healthily lose about 1-2 lbs a week, and if you do squats/lunges for your legs + ab work + back work, I think you will definitely see those results :)
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    You go girl. Check out "Thin Thighs in 30 Days." It was written in the early 80's and man, did it kick *kitten*. That woman said 1 hour a day would do the trick and she was so right. My mom had friggin great legs and rear from doing what that book said.

The new book is not as good from what I understand so if decide to buy, get the old ($.01 off amazon).

Cheers!!
  • mommomrobin
    mommomrobin Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You can do it! It is hard but worth it. Now to listen to my own advice! I need to loose this weight and get in shape within the next year. Do not want to hit the big 5-0 next year with this extra weight!