♥ I'm just as messed up as you are ♥

Options
CoryIda
CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
I have been very fortunate since I found MFP in September of 2010.

I have shed an entire person worth of weight. I have gone from "morbidly obese" to "athletic" according to my BF %.

That's awesome, and I get a LOT of kudos for my progress.

You know what, though?

What I love most about MFP is that it is okay to be human. I may have lost a ton of weight, I may be fit and healthy physically, but I am a flawed, messed up human being - just like all of you.

The people on here are what make this site amazing. Every. Last. One.

I *love* that MFP is a place I can come and spill my crap on my news feed.

I *love* that I can talk about my self-esteem issues, my struggles with being bipolar, my battle with wanting to self-harm, and even my rebellious gutter-minded posts and pictures lately.

I *love* that my friends - all of whom have added me BY CHOICE, not necessity, are willing to put up with me and support me.

I *love* that my friends, all of whom I have added BY CHOICE, not necessity, know that, no matter what their struggles are - whether they have an ED, are dealing with an injury or family illness or any other crap and drama going on in their life - they have a safe place to share it.

On their wall, via PMs, however they need to.

I *love* MyFitnessPals.

We are all messed up. We are all going to stumble and fall sometimes, no matter what our struggles are. We have, however, an amazing opportunity to give and receive support to the people we choose to have a part of our lives on here.

Lots of ♥ and best of wishes for all of you.

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    :hugs:
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Ditto
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    SMOOCH!
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I am thankful I can be myself here. I can whine about school and someone will understand. I can grumble about never ending housework and someone will understand. I can boggle over macro nutrients and someone will understand.

Because my mental health is just as important as my physical health, I am so thankful that I can completely be myself here, get support for like-minded AND different people, and really see (and try) new ways to think and live.

New ways to live is what helped me get to a healthy weight, new ways to think is what is keeping me there.

Thanks MFP - most importantly, all my pals that I've ever spoken with here :):drinker:
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • donnam40
    donnam40 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    What a lovely post.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    WAIT wut? You have problems? Uh oh. I can't have you on my friends list. I heard that friends lists were for people who pretended not to have any issues. That's what I'm doing, after all. Nope, no issues. Nothing's the matter. Its a freakin' dysfunctional family Thanksgiving with Uncle Bob over in the corner sauced off his goard, but we aren't gonna say anything because the way to be healthy is to PRETEND that we're all fine. I'm fine. You're fine. No problems here.

/sarcasm.

Love you. in my own screwed up way.
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Exactly
  • hoppinfroggin22
    hoppinfroggin22 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    So true!!
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

• parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Hold on, you're telling me that we can have and talk about a life outside of fitness/weight loss? Isn't that MFP blasphemy??
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Options
    Very true! You have done a great job and made tons of progress, and that's great that you can say that. That's a very mature and fab attitude to have :flowerforyou:
  • kuregisto
    kuregisto Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You are glorious.

Wonderful post :)
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Very sweet post :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Susie and I have serious issues too. :-)

Love you sweet ginger
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    100% agreed. I share things here with my pals that I can't even talk to my closest friends about - there's so much understanding here and it's a healing place as we all change and progress toward a healthier life.

Thanks for reminding us all that there are so many good reasons (and good people) to be here!