Cracker barrel

Options
Whats the best health choice at cracker barrel?

Replies

• jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    The grilled chicken tenderloin and green beans...they have low carb options too.
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    omg I love their sharp cheddar cheeses!!! DELICIOUS! Not exactly "healthy", super high in calories, but yummmm... I didn't know they made more than cheese... lol
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    omg I love their sharp cheddar cheeses!!! DELICIOUS! Not exactly "healthy", super high in calories, but yummmm... I didn't know they made more than cheese... lol

Are you talking about Cracker Barrel the restaurant or the cheese brand Cracker Barrel??? lol
  • Stowguy2012
    Stowguy2012 Posts: 111
    Options
    The restaurant
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    There's a Cracker Barrel restaurant?!? Do they serve delicious cheese there? lol my bad. *shyness*
  • anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Options
    All diets go out the window when I go there. LOVE that restaurant!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Bro I am not strong enough to go there, I love their breakfast but it would take my whole days calories with a workout to eat breakfast there the way I used to. My advice is just not go.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Sometimes they have a yogurt with granola. I leave most of the granola, though. It also comes with a muffin...throw it away!!! Personally, I am hooked on their fried catfish. Definately not diet fare.
  • sandrasayre
    sandrasayre Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    the healthest choice for me is the cereal and apple bran muffin..along with raisins for the cereal...still .about 450 calories ...
  • philfinallyfit
    philfinallyfit Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    At some point, I will experience victory when I go to a place like that and order grilled chicken and green beans instead of a Country Fried Steak with mashed potatoes smothered in cream gravy. Either that, or my weight and fitness are so in a groove that I budget in occasional treats to go with my regular eating. That will be then, and this is now...a time of retraining my mind and body in the arena of food choices, portion control, etc.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to complain that they stopped using pure maple syrup and now mix it with HFCS.

Utter Breakfast Fail.
  • lkcuts
    lkcuts Posts: 224
    Options
    Since this is supposed to be a long term Journey, we will always have times we eat out . What I try to do , knowing I am going, is eat a healthy snack before I go, order sauces, gravy and dressings on the side and either measure them with your teaspoon or dip lightly leaving most of it.,go for steamed,grilled, baked and non breaded items . Share with someone, eating only half,take home a doggy bag for the pet. Enjoy your time there! Good luck:wink:
  • Mirror_Mirror
    Options
    They have trout as a low carb option... its lemon pepper and delicious! I was just there yesterday. The sides are up to you you can fall victim to hashbrown casserole or eat some veggies.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    All diets go out the window when I go there. LOVE that restaurant!

Ooh, this. Mama's Pancake Breakfast with blackberries and whipped cream, two eggs and bacon. :love:
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I get the hamburger off the kids meal with a side salad. They usually let me get it because I am with other people who are ordering real meals and I tell them it is because I am trying to cut my meal size down. They are good about it
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    The grilled chicken tenderloin and green beans...they have low carb options too.

That's actually my favorite meal there
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to complain that they stopped using pure maple syrup and now mix it with HFCS.

Utter Breakfast Fail.

Agreed. :cry:

Believe it or not, when I go to Cracker Barrel I get a chicken salad sandwich on grilled sourdough bread with a side of mashed potatoes and cream gravy or, if I like the soup of the day (broccoli cheese yum...) I will get that. I skip the slaw that comes with the sandwich. If I eat this and stay reasonable the rest of the day, it doesn't show up on my scale the next day. So, that's what works for me.

Their breakfast options and low carb choices can be good, too.
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options

Utter Breakfast Fail.
    They quit using 100% maple syrup?? That was 1/2 the reason I love going there!
  • Mindywv2003
    Mindywv2003 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am American living in Canada and every time we visit back home (West Virginia) can't wait to get to Cracker Barrel
    my hubby who is French Canadian loves it too
    we count about 30 on the way there lol :laugh:
    I love their breakfast and on my low carb diet I have no trouble at all eating out for breakfast anywhere...
    eggs, sausage, sliced tomatoes and tea :tongue: