It is time for change

Options
My name is Melissa, I am 21 years old, and I live in the Chicagoland Area. I have been overweight for as long as I can remember, and I hated every minute of it. After years of struggling with bad self esteem and being very introverted, I finally started to really truly love myself, and I feel for me to do so, I need to start treating myself how I would try and treat other people and start caring what I do to my body. This is why I made this profile, to finally start to show my love for myself in a manner that other people can recognize. I truly hope that it will not end up like countless other times I tried to lose weight and I am actually able to do it this time, for this time I am doing it for different reasons other than just trying to "look good", but to feel good, and to show that I actually do love myself, and really just to maintain a healthier lifestyle, because I do not want to suffer from any complications related to obesity when I grow older. I really want to live for as long as I can, and do so in a happy and healthy manner.

I would like friends who are willing to help support me and help push me in the right direction, for I feel that the reason I was so unsuccessful is due to the fact that I always tried to do this alone.

And if you took the time to read all of this, Thank you :)

Replies

• AmandaC19871
    AmandaC19871 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good on you, Melissa! In regards to your past struggles (and for what it's worth): I feel you. I think that a lot of people on MFP have been through very similar situations. If it helps at all, know this: you are not alone.

You WILL do it. Will it be easy? No - but nothing worth having ever is. *internet hugs*
  • PBandMelly
    PBandMelly Posts: 6
    Options
    Yes, I realize that it will not be easy, for I have been down this path before, I actually lost 33 lbs at one point, but I gained most of it back, and I really just want to stop the madness and finally bite the bullet and do it you know!? And knowing that I have people as supportive as you to fall back on, it i will make this so much easier :) *hugs*