Hard gainers need love too! Lots of calories in this thread.

Options
Please bump this thread every time you:

Down +5000 calories in a day (ladies post if downed +3500?).
Down +2000 calories in a single meal.
Down +600 carbs in day.
Gain 5 lbs.
Achieve a goal that you are proud of.

I've been skinny all my life and am sick of it. I've easily cleared +3000 calories every day for a very long time. I'm trying weight lifting too, but it's going to be a very long road for me before I see results, if any, which is frustrating. Metabolism, I'm coming for you :mad: .

Replies

• dusty8907
    dusty8907 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    try the GOMAD diet man, if that's not your style just go for 3500 a day minimum. mass gainers can make it easier, but if you like fruits and nuts and such just make good shakes to pack in the cals. easily can get 1k cals in a shake
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I hope no one responds negatively to this thread!

I hope you get some good support in here and meet a few others with similar goals. There are plenty on this site who are bulking and might even have some tips for you if you want them.

Best of luck packing on that muscle bro!
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    All I can say is... I wish I could eat 5000 calories a day :love:
  • illuminatusObservor
    Options
    Good luck! Bulking coming soon after summer - 3000 calories for me! :D
    And bumping so I can find this later
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I envy you, but wish you well on gaining mass and hope you see some good results :)
  • huntingforhipbones
    Options
    All I can say is... I wish I could eat 5000 calories a day :love:

Yes! It would be so easy, too :P

Good luck with your goals, OP! Eat lots of yummy things like avocados, nuts, FUDGE ...
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    And here I thought I was badazz with my 2300! I feel your pain though...gaining isn't as easy as it seems.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    2600 was my Max so far, and i once made a chicken quiche that was about 600 Cal a slice! But i still think I'm pretty badass considering I'm 103lbs lol, my daily is around 2300-2500!
    I have now gained just over 6lbs, so I'm pretty proud of that.
    I'm also getting a slight butt (finally) and i intend to keep nurishing and working that baby, as well as getting my ABS to pop, but that will have to wait till I'm at maintain level.
    Gaining is hard for me, I gain about 1 lb a week on this level, on 2000 I maintain, on anything less I lose, and lose so fast its scary. My metobalism is insane!
  • ijiiii
    ijiiii Posts: 61
    Options
    I looked into the GOMAD diet and it seems I'm already been doing something close to it. I'm slowly trying to replace stuff like fast food burgers with healthier calories, carbs, and protein. It's aggravating for that everything tastes so horrible to me. It does recommend a lot of whole milk, which I've been taking advantage of for a long while. It's one of the few things I feel I can consume without me ever getting sick of.

Bananas seem to be a good weight gain fruit, but I despise bananas. Perhaps I'll try to blend it into a smoothie. Thanks for pointing out avocados huntingforhip, another fruit that seems fairly well packed with calories and fat. I try it raw and try blending it as well.

I should mention that I am 5'8 and weigh 116 lbs. That puts me about 50 lbs underweight!! C'mon another 5000 day!!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I looked into the GOMAD diet and it seems I'm already been doing something close to it. I'm slowly trying to replace stuff like fast food burgers with healthier calories, carbs, and protein. It's aggravating for that everything tastes so horrible to me. It does recommend a lot of whole milk, which I've been taking advantage of for a long while. It's one of the few things I feel I can consume without me ever getting sick of.

Bananas seem to be a good weight gain fruit, but I despise bananas. Perhaps I'll try to blend it into a smoothie. Thanks for pointing out avocados huntingforhip, another fruit that seems fairly well packed with calories and fat. I try it raw and try blending it as well.

I should mention that I am 5'8 and weigh 116 lbs. That puts me about 50 lbs underweight!! C'mon another 5000 day!!

There are a lot of really calorie dense foods out there to choose from, dont force down something you dont like just because you think you 'should'. Forcing more food in that you don't want, sespecially if youre not hungry, is not fun.

I'd look at massgain products if you are after some quick cals, avocado is a great suggestion, if you like them there are heaps of ways to eat them. Make it into guacamole and it seems do dissapear really quickly, spread it on sandwiches & wraps, even in smoothies - there are a number of vegan recipes that use it for its texture (think avocado chocolate mousse for example).

Nuts are Awesome for a quick high cal snack too, or add them to meals. Dont forget seeds either, high calorie but packed with good stuff!

Obviously remember to get plenty of protein so meat, meat, meat! Red meat is usually higher in fat/calories than white meat too.

Hmmmm, now I feel like a mexican burger: double meat, double cheese, guacomole and tomato salsa with salad and sweet potato fries on the side. Damn, now I'm hungry :)

Check out the show us your meals thread on here and look at anuragp122195's meals for inspration, holy cow that kid can eat!
  • ijiiii
    Options
    I tried looking at mass gain products on google, it's just that everything is so awful. I hate food so much. Eggs, all pastas, all nuts, rice all taste horrible to me.

Meat is very tolerable, but sadly so expensive. I try to shop when sales go on, but they don't go on sale like they use to.

I was at the grocery store checking the avocados and it costs 5 freaking dollars for just 4 small fruits. I'll look up sunflower seeds or whatever else there is since it seems to me those were tolerable when I ate them over a decade ago.

I'm going to try some sandwiches, wheat bread + block cheese slices + beef bologna + peanut butter. Any other suggestions for bulking meals or snacks, please let me know. I really want to gain weight.

Anyways, bump due to hitting 2500 calories in one meal (thanks bratwurst and milk).
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Way to go, it's good for you to work towards a healthy goal. It can be hard to gain weight if you're inclined to the petite side. Good luck on your goals!
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Too late i saw your comment on hating NUTS....Apologies..:frown:

On the odd occasion i make these...I can very easily eat 8-10 bars in a day...This is why i only make them once a month...Im trying to lose...But if you can stomach nuts and want to gain...Give them a try..

1 cup slivered almonds
    1 cup hazelnuts
    1-1/2 cup pecans
    2/3 cup of flaxmeal
    2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
    1/2 cup unsalted almond butter or any nut butter, peanut included
    1/2 teaspoon maple syrup or molass syrup (if you can find it in the uk)
    1/4 cup melted coconut oil

Put it all in a blender except the oil and blend unto its pretty smooth then drizzle in the oil.

stir in some 85% min cocoa content dark chocolate or dried fruit.

Now what i do is tip the lot into a sandwich container...flatten it down so it good and firm..pour over the top 2 tablespoons of grade b maple syrup...Spread this evenly all over the top of the nutmix..then sprinkle 1 tablespoon (or more if your greedy like me) or shredded unsweetened coconut.

Put the container in the freezer for around 30 mins...then remove and cut into 12 equal size bars.

Now then...I eat them straight from the freezer as they last a little longer when frozen...If you let them thaw, they have a tendency to break up while you eat them.

Anyways...Now for the cal count Per Slice

CALORIES: 246
    TOTAL FAT: 34 GR
    SAT FAT: 4 GR
    TOTAL CARBS: 5GR
    DIETARY FIBRE: 3GR
    PROTEIN: 7-8 GR

I love these and its almost a meal in itself.

Good luck on your quest..:bigsmile:
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    When I'm on a mass pahse I try to eat the same things I always do just more of them and more often. Basically just increase the portion sizes.

That being said, I found it easy to down a couple peanut butter and jelly sandwiches just about anytime of the day. I did use whole wheat bread for the extra fiber though. Just make sure you get some vegetables, while not calorie dense they hav emuch needed nutrients.

Good luck!!

And a few glasses of whole milk to wash them down
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    peanut butter- lots of it. I love the stuff! I think it would be easy to eat 1000 calories in a setting! :smile: If only I could eat 5000 cals a day, sigh....Keep eating and finding foods you like! Best of luck on your goals!
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Lots of brown and or white rice, lots of chicken that you can buy frozen in bulk, whole grain pastas with some good sauce, dried fruit, nuts, corn, potatoes, yams, get yourself a good weight gainer protein shake.
    Have you been to a doc to make sure your metabolism is straight? And the standard blood work and such...
  • C00lCountry
    C00lCountry Posts: 282
    Options
    You sound like my brother, he eats about 2500 or more in a meal. I have figured it up and he has consumed about 6,000 to 7,000 in a single day.

If you can slow you metabolism down some how, maybe that would work. Have you had thyroid checked out?
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you for wanting to be healthy!

So wish I could eat that much on a regular basis..... Best of luck to you on your goals!
  • ijiiii
    Options
    You sound like my brother, he eats about 2500 or more in a meal. I have figured it up and he has consumed about 6,000 to 7,000 in a single day.

If you can slow you metabolism down some how, maybe that would work. Have you had thyroid checked out?
    Wow. That's insane. My stomach would explode if I tried eating that much in a day. Perhaps after a year of this I can crawl to that much food intake.
    Have you been to a doc to make sure your metabolism is straight? And the standard blood work and such...
    I have been to the doc recently and told her how I'm frustrated with not gaining weight at 29 years old. She did take a blood test and the results came back with nothing wrong. Not sure if there is anything that can be done about my metabolism.
    Have you had thyroid checked out?
    Yep, that was part of the blood test and had an ultra sound done on it, everything came back fine.

I just need to nuke my metabolism it seems.