I Don't Know How Much I Way? Wii Fit Balance Board

Options
I'm very confused. Started my diet plan in January 2012 and use the Wii Fit balance board for weigh in's.
My journey started at 160 lbs, I lost 6 lbs before joining MFP and have subsequently lost another 7 lbs brining me down to 147 lbs.
Great I thought.
So yesterday I visited the pharmacy and weighed myself on one of their automated checks your hieght and BMI too scales and it said I weigh 156 lbs.
Oh no.
So if the Wii Fit has recorded my start weight incorrectly, do you think it's tracked at least correctly my weight loss?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you weren't naked in the pharmacy, the Wii Fit asks you your clothes weight and subtracts that from the measurement so what it says should be lower than your clothed weight.

My Wii weight tends to be about 3 lbs behind the scales, but trends OK.

The only way to know is to get three 56 lb bags of animal feed or something and pile them on it !
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    big question, is your Balance board on carpet? if so it will not be accurate.
  • HannahsReturnToFitness
    HannahsReturnToFitness Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I find the wii fit balance board unreliable. It varies depending on where it is on the floor. If it is not moved, it tracks the weight loss correctly it is just a bit out with the normal scales. I find I weigh less when I use normal scales.
  • Perrybeck
    Perrybeck Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Also, you do tend to fluctuate by as much as 2lbs during the day due to water, food and just the over-all environment. The most important thing is consistancy, weigh yourself at the same time each day on the samre scale and just go with those numbers. my Wii and scale due tent to track the same, although I last time I checked I used the Wii and then got right on the scale.
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you weren't naked in the pharmacy

You can never assume anything :wink: Made me laugh
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    You're right I wasn't naked in the pharmacy however it was 27 degrees in the UK yesterday so I was wearing linen, no weight at all.
    I weigh myself once a fortnight before breakfast after toilet, naked.
    The balance board is on the rug though, so could that be it?
    How disappointing I haven't been under 154 llbs for many, many years.