Too scared of the scale?

Options
I have been an avid food-tracker for the last six weeks and have increased my exercise level to about three times a week. I know I have lost weight because I can wear summer pants that I couldn´t six weeks ago. That said, I can´t back this up with any numbers because I haven´t dared to get on the scale in about three years. Is there anyone else out there like me and, if so, can we motivate each other to go for an actual "weigh-in" together?

Replies

• SlinkyNewMe
    SlinkyNewMe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi. I too have been terrorised by the evil scale; to the extent that I was weighing myself several times a day! I now have asked my husband to remove its battery. It sounds like you are doing very well and it may be worthwhile to carry on as you are. I found that where the figure of on the scale was not commensurate with effort and dedication I felt I had put in, this determined my mood and was mainly quite demoralising.

I have made a pact with another MFP friend to weigh in once a month. My next weigh in is 30 June. My mood is a lot better these days :wink:
  • leetime4me
    leetime4me Posts: 20
    Options
    I used to never weigh myself but now I rarely let a day go by before jumping on there because I don't like surprises. I need to lose 40 pounds so I've clearly let things get out of hand. When I reach my goal weight...140ish..I vow to weigh in everyday so I don't let things creep up! It's just a number and I tell myself I'm not afraid of it..I just need to do what I need to do...exercise and watch what I eat. :)
  • lovemydrmartens
    lovemydrmartens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Slinky's friend here... I have the same problem. I also don't feel it's all about weight.. ( I know... heresy! ;) but not ever getting on those scary scales seems to be letting them get to me too! so tomorrow I will... just once.. until the end of next month xx
  • hollynono
    hollynono Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I think I'm going to hold off another Four weeks. Hey SlinkyNewMe, I'm Setting June 30 As my Day too!
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Who needs a scale when your clothes are looser??