Favorite Disney Princess?

Options

Replies

• slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I like Tiana. She's a hard worker and has big dreams. She also doesn't fall for the Prince Naveen's stupid seductive crap.

Belle is one of my favorites too. She's quirky and stands up for herself and isn't afraid to be different.

Gosh, I sound like such a Disney freak. Oh wait, I am :)
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Always will be Ariel.
    The movie 'The Little Mermaid' holds a very dear place in my heart.

^^This! Always been my fav Disney animated feature. Although, Tangled is moving up the ranks pretty quickly. LOL I also love Cinderella because....well....who doesn't like the idea of a rich, handsome, charming Prince falling in love with you? :bigsmile:
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Ariel is by far the hottest. lol
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    as i watch beauty and the beast as an adult, i am bothered by the message i get now. the beast actually slaps belle to the ground, and the guy who is there to rescue her from the situation is the bad guy?! i dont get it. its like "hey, if he hits you, treats you like crap and is mean to you, its ok. be nice and understanding to him and one day he will become a prince"? i think NOT.

so to answer, i like mulan. she kicks butt.

I know!! It was one of my favorites as a little girl, but when I saw the restored version in the theater recently I saw it in a whole new light.

It seems like she has Stockholm Syndrome haha. But I don't think Belle was nice and understanding when the Beast was treating her badly. She stood up for herself and wouldn't take his crap. It was after he rescued her in the woods and risked his life for her that their relationship changed. And Gaston was still a shallow *kitten*, even if he was trying to rescue her.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    as i watch beauty and the beast as an adult, i am bothered by the message i get now. the beast actually slaps belle to the ground, and the guy who is there to rescue her from the situation is the bad guy?! i dont get it. its like "hey, if he hits you, treats you like crap and is mean to you, its ok. be nice and understanding to him and one day he will become a prince"? i think NOT.

I know!! It was one of my favorites as a little girl, but when I saw the restored version in the theater recently I saw it in a whole new light.

There is that, but I also see a message of "don't judge a book by its cover". Gaston LOOKED great physically and on paper (his accomplishments and qualifications), but he had no real substance. He was conceited, self-centered, and shallow. The Beast SEEMED hideous both in form and character, but Belle was able to look past that and see the truth. THAT'S supposed to be the point of the story, I think. I do see where you're coming from, though.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    while technically not a princess, Tinkerbell is pretty cute.
  • DarkNebula84
    DarkNebula84 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Ariel is by far the hottest. lol

Yeah she is!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

It seems like she has Stockholm Syndrome haha. But I don't think Belle was nice and understanding when the Beast was treating her badly. She stood up for herself and wouldn't take his crap. It was after he rescued her in the woods and risked his life for her that their relationship changed. And Gaston was still a shallow *kitten*, even if he was trying to rescue her.

Gaston wasn't trying to rescue her, he was trying to get back his property.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    The hottest is the one from Hunchback of Notre Dame.....while not a princess, still smoking. If you want Princess....Jasmine.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Ariel
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Snow White. Her attitude of always wanting to help people (the Dwarfs) & her always having a song in her heart is something that we all could learn from.
  • iFeelBrandNew
    iFeelBrandNew Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    DEFINITELY Pocahontas.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

None of the princess stories really stand up, do they?
    Snow White has to wait for a necrophiliac.
    Sleeping Beauty waits on the rapist.
    Cinderella is lucky she's the only one with her shoe size, because the prince just wanted whichever woman could wear that slipper.
    Ariel has to leave her whole world behind if she wants to be with the man she wants.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options

Cinderella is lucky she's the only one with her shoe size, because the prince just wanted whichever woman could wear that slipper.
    Ariel has to leave her whole world behind if she wants to be with the man she wants.

^ true. geez disney is depressing. LOL
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    In order, Ariel, Pocahontas and Rapunzel. All for different reasons. Ariel is just a mermaid which i always thought was great. Pocahontas I always loved because she comes across as strong and smart. Rapunzel I love mostly because she stands up to that witch and because shes the same sweet girl even after she loses her beautiful glowing hair. Her man isnt too bad either...as far as cartoon men go. lol I love Disney Princess movies.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    while technically not a princess, Tinkerbell is pretty cute.

awe I love Tink!
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Rapunzel!
  • jgardner38
    jgardner38 Posts: 70
    Options

Dang…Never thought of it like that
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

^ true. geez disney is depressing. LOL

Not to mention the lack of parents. One is usually dead at the start, or will die before the movie is over.