How to lose the 'baby' stomach!

Options
I had my daughter one year ago. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas of how to tighten up or lose the saggy skin that is left behind!

Replies

• Rylie324
    Rylie324 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'll give you a bump to the top! I would love to hear other people's tricks. Because I've done every crunch/sit up known to man!
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Is it just skin or do you ahve a sticky out pouch? I think with skin you can use lotion and hope but if its just skin then you need surgery or to find your peace with it. I have been having huge improvement on my bulging pouch with ab planks - theres loads in level 2 of 30DS and they have really reengaged my core muscles.

Check also you dont have a diastasis - search on youtube for how to check yourself for this - as a diastasis is made worse by crunches and sit ups
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Well, I have always heard you cant spot reduce.....and I believe it, but I kind of believe you would see benefit from an exercise focusing on certain parts. I have had 2 kids, and my stomach is far from perfect, but 100% better than it was. I started with Zumba, then moved on to elliptical, while doing (I think this is what they are called) Reverse bodyball crunches. I kind of think the Zumba kick started it all. Once I learned I wasnt going to fall on my face..LOL...There are some women on here with killer abs. I love looking at those pics.:) I also had (not sure what it is called) where the ab muscles "split" when I was pregnant. Went to sit up one day and my belly went into the shape of a roof top! Lol
  • mommy2girlies
    mommy2girlies Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HannahsReturnToFitness
    HannahsReturnToFitness Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Is it just skin or do you ahve a sticky out pouch? I think with skin you can use lotion and hope but if its just skin then you need surgery or to find your peace with it. I have been having huge improvement on my bulging pouch with ab planks - theres loads in level 2 of 30DS and they have really reengaged my core muscles.

Check also you dont have a diastasis - search on youtube for how to check yourself for this - as a diastasis is made worse by crunches and sit ups

Its a sticky out pouch really. The top part of my abs are fine but everything sags at the bottom. If breathe in it looks how it used to look. its like the muscles at the bottom of my stomach need tightening to lift the saggy bit up! Nothing has worked so far!
  • mrsRhughes
    mrsRhughes Posts: 122
    Options
    I have two kids (ages 7 and almost 2) and had c-sections with both of them. So on top of the "baby stomach" I also had that horrible c-section "shelf!" I feel like I have a pretty good handle on fitness/nutrition/health, but obviously am by no means an expert! That said, the BIGGEST key to getting rid of the excess skin, or helping it to tighten, is to make sure your diet is in check. What you eat plays the BIGGEST impact on your stomach. Once I started eating mostly fruits/veggies/lean protein and cut out as many *processed* foods as I could, I noticed the biggest changes. Once you lose the "fat" on your stomach by eating well, then adding in ab workouts will help. Your abs are like any other muscle group, you only need to train them every other day. (give them a chance to rest!) I make up my own ab routines, and do a lot of cardio, which works for me! Good luck :)
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    ^^^agree on the diet point!:)
  • sasab904
    sasab904 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have also heard many times from trainers that you can not spot reduce. I have noticed my baby belly going down since I have started running, and doing Insanity. I also think that I have age against me right now too, which is making it harder to bounce back the second time around. Good luck!