Diet Pills/Energy pills/and as I like to call them Pooping P

Options
I know this may sound odd, but I love having one set pill to take...I've been doing since i was 17 and I'm still doiing it....they keep me on a good eating scheduel. I honestly think if they were placebo pills it would still have the same effect. I just like having a set time to take them. Well my boyfriend of 5 yrs does not like me taking all the over the counter pills...I used to take ephedrine and missed it dearly when it was taken off the shelf...Mind u I never took it in excess so it gave me the perfect amount of energy. Then when it got banned I started taking hydroxycut which I was taking up until a week or so ago, but then my boyfriend goes to his Aunts store and gets this stuff called Hoodia trim...it's an all natural store so it doesnt have anything too bad in it for u I guess...lol well to say the least i have never gone the bathroom so much before in my life...I dont think it's supposed to be a cleanser but my goodness I've already been 2 times this morning and feel a third time coming on...lol :blushing: the second time was half way through the apple :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ...welll anyway it's keeping me on track and it deff gives me more energy....I think it's the best thing I've taken so far and I've done quite a few....phen phen, hydroxycut, total cleanse, first cleanse, zanatrex, acai burn, slim quick, and 2 or 3 others...yes i am a diet pill junky, but i take only one brand at a time and the amount recommended and I think I am sticking with Hoodia trim until I reach my goal :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Replies

• Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    If you have to take a 'pill' why not take a vitamin pill?

You could take some low level b complex or something?

I am wary of any of the over the counter diet pills they are not only expensive, but contain questionable ingredients.

I am no expert, and I don't want to disparage your methods, but you said it could even be a placebo - so perhaps a B vitamin might do the trick, because it will give you energy.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options

I am wary of any of the over the counter diet pills they are not only expensive, but contain questionable ingredients.

I am no expert, and I don't want to disparage your methods, but you said it could even be a placebo - so perhaps a B vitamin might do the trick, because it will give you energy.

I agree... those pills you are taking have had hardly any research done on them. Hydroxycut was just recently said to cause liver problems. I dont think they are healthy and you could be doing potentially long term damage to your body, just as if you were taking street drugs. You should reconsider. I even hear this Hoodia all natural stuff aint so great. Good luck either way.
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options

lol my bad i shouldve added if it was a placebo i didnt know about ...lol :ohwell: but the hoodia trim has nothing but all natural ingredients...my boyfriends aunt is very paticular about what she puts in her body and what is in her store...so i'm guessing there's nothing too too bad in it...and if there is it cant be any worse than the mcdonalds burger king and KFC i was eating everyday
  • fitzio1015
    fitzio1015 Posts: 168
    Options
    i've tried those pills at one time cuz i thought it would give me more energy....but the chemicals in it did nothing but bad things for me....
    ( i tried different types at different times also)

one minute i would be happy running around the next i would be mad throwing things and then 2 minutes later i was ready for the bridge......or i would be so sick to my stomach i wanted to puke and i was dizzy ...they just were not for me

it has to do with the chemicals in it..... not sure why or what i just know i will never touch them again....

i agree i think if you feel you need to take a pill then maybe take B or even a multi ....

Good luck to you.,....Hope all goes well.....
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    okay-- I'll be the bad guy-- what the heck-- :noway:

Diet pills are dangerous and a waste of money--

Young lady-- eat right-- fruits/veggies and lots of water and you'll poop just fine. Exercise and you'll be amazed how much energy you'll find.

You want to take a pill-- pop a Vitamin C for heaven's sake.

You have only one body, one life-- be sensible.
  • hasiangirl
    Options

Young lady-- eat right-- fruits/veggies and lots of water and you'll poop just fine. Exercise and you'll be amazed how much energy you'll find.

I eat really healthy ....now...and I understand it's not the best choice to take them, but at the same time somewhere built into my brain I believe the pills work for me and they do keep me on my scheduel ... i didnt totally touch base on when i said it would be ok if it was a placebo...I should've stated if someone handed me a pill and said it was a diet pill and it was actually a placebo i think that would work just the same..but luckily I only use them during my weight loss process...in the 6 almost 7 yrs of taking all these pills i stopped using them for probably 4yrs because I reached my goal...and then of course my pregnancies...but now that I'm trying to get to my goal again I'm back on them and plan to stop taking them in about 2-3months ....I thank u all for the concerns ....and I do take my vitamins too :) but thats a whole other story in itself...lol i have mental problems as far as routine and order go
  • phatgurl
    phatgurl Posts: 1
    Options
    Think in terms of how your body ..liver, kidneys has to work to filter what it would consider toxins out of your body..hence peeing a lot. If you are working towards a healthier lifestyle then a vitamin is a good way to go..buy some vitamins and put them in an empty hoodia bottle..but know you are doing something healthy for your body. Fruit and veggies give you good nourshiment and energy too.

I personally love emergen-cs. As a nurse, I am on my feet all day and a flavored packet of emergen c in my water bottle goes a long way.:drinker: It has vitamin c and bs in flavored powered form that is absorbed more readily in your system. Gives me that needed energy and vit c is good for my immune system! And they taste good..good alternative to plain water taste. :bigsmile:

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Marla isn't being the bad guy, she is being intelligent. Why put chemicals in your body that can cause problems? Good old fashioned eating right and exercise is what works. Talk to your doctor or a nutritionist if you aren't getting results from proper nutrition.

Hydroxycut was taken off the shelves because of the health problems it was causing. Your health should be more important than quicker weight loss. When you stop taking the pills, what do you think will happen?
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    Marla isn't being the bad guy, she is being intelligent. Why put chemicals in your body that can cause problems? Good old fashioned eating right and exercise is what works. Talk to your doctor or a nutritionist if you aren't getting results from proper nutrition.

Hydroxycut was taken off the shelves because of the health problems it was causing. Your health should be more important than quicker weight loss. When you stop taking the pills, what do you think will happen?
    Did i write the first post wrong?....and i didnt say she was being the bad guy, i exercise and eat very healthy....i have never have had a problem with any pills that i take....they may not be healthy but a lot of things i do are not healthy....so i just consider it another bad habit...and I have stopped taking the pills when I reached my goal weight 6 yrs ago...and i didnt gain a pound back until i became pregnant and changed my eating....i realize the eating and exercise are the key component and i focus mainly on those but taking the pills is like my extra umph to eat correctly and on time...i dont know its something in my own personal mind set
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options

I love your "tell it like it is" attitude. Seriously.
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    I don't think hoodia is a big deal as long as it's pure hoodia you're taking, and it doesn't have any other nasty ingredients. Rhodiola is another herbal supplement that is supposed to help with depression and appetite.
  • Marla64
    Options

Gee thanks-- I was just upset I forgot my favorite smilie on my post--

snapoutofit.gif

Works like a charm. :wink:
  • BrendaLee
    Options

Gee thanks-- I was just upset I forgot my favorite smilie on my post--

snapoutofit.gif

Works like a charm. :wink:

Love that. lol
  • Marla64
    Options

You need to pop on into the Black Team thread-- whole bunch of us with a snapoutofit.gif attitude-- cheering each other on, et cetera-- but no excuses.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I have more of an issue with your food diary than the pills you are taking. If you are logging all of your foods, you are NOT eating a healthy diet. Darling, you are eating the calories for a 6 yr old child.

I worry because I was there.............ate 800 cals a day to lose weight. Took the pill of the day. At 48 my metabolism is so messed up it has taken me a year to lose 32 pounds.

You may be thin, but you need nutrients to keep your insides healthy. I had no problems with my diet and pills in my 20s or 30s either. But hopefully you will live to be 89 and if so you will NEED your liver and kidneys!

Just something to think about honey. You are so sweet and put up such nice comments for others. I hate to see you lose weight and mess up your body.

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options

Did i write the first post wrong?....and i didnt say she was being the bad guy, i exercise and eat very healthy....i have never have had a problem with any pills that i take....they may not be healthy but a lot of things i do are not healthy....so i just consider it another bad habit...and I have stopped taking the pills when I reached my goal weight 6 yrs ago...and i didnt gain a pound back until i became pregnant and changed my eating....i realize the eating and exercise are the key component and i focus mainly on those but taking the pills is like my extra umph to eat correctly and on time...i dont know its something in my own personal mind set

By your own admittance these are another bad habit. Why not work towards being healthier? If you have habits you know that are not healthy rather than continuing in them start working towards getting off of them.

Even if these say they are natural that does not mean they are good for you. There is little to no regulation with these herbs.... So you really don't always know what you are putting into your body.

If you are already eating healthy & exercising then the pills aren't needed. If you are using them so you can eat less than you should then you aren't eating healthy.

If you don't take care of yourself who is going to take care of you kids? Being skinny is not worth your health.
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    I have more of an issue with your food diary than the pills you are taking. If you are logging all of your foods, you are NOT eating a healthy diet. Darling, you are eating the calories for a 6 yr old child.

I worry because I was there.............ate 800 cals a day to lose weight. Took the pill of the day. At 48 my metabolism is so messed up it has taken me a year to lose 32 pounds.

You may be thin, but you need nutrients to keep your insides healthy. I had no problems with my diet and pills in my 20s or 30s either. But hopefully you will live to be 89 and if so you will NEED your liver and kidneys!

Just something to think about honey. You are so sweet and put up such nice comments for others. I hate to see you lose weight and mess up your body.

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
    I add most of the stuff to my food log...but i think if i added all the things i ingest then it would add up... i thought i was low but stuffed by the end of the day......then i realized i dont log all the EVO I cook with.. i am an EVO nazi..so theres a few hundred in itself......i tend to log the major meals and snacks not all the ingredients and as long as im somewhat close i dont bother logging every little detail esp the cooking oils which do add up

I know my log looks messed up and i prob am under but i talked to a few people and the min 1200 cals are for women between 5'2-5'7 ....i;m at 4'10 and they say 1000 is ok as long as im not feeling hungry and have enough energy....

I thank u for the concerns everyone and I havent been taking any mixed chemical pills anymore, i am now on pure hoodia and i take it with reason

I love all of u for the concerned comments,,,that just goes to show how much everyone on this site cares about others:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

I add most of the stuff to my food log...but i think if i added all the things i ingest then it would add up... i thought i was low but stuffed by the end of the day......then i realized i dont log all the EVO I cook with.. i am an EVO nazi..so theres a few hundred in itself......i tend to log the major meals and snacks not all the ingredients and as long as im somewhat close i dont bother logging every little detail esp the cooking oils which do add up

I know my log looks messed up and i prob am under but i talked to a few people and the min 1200 cals are for women between 5'2-5'7 ....i;m at 4'10 and they say 1000 is ok as long as im not feeling hungry and have enough energy....

I thank u for the concerns everyone and I havent been taking any mixed chemical pills anymore, i am now on pure hoodia and i take it with reason

I love all of u for the concerned comments,,,that just goes to show how much everyone on this site cares about others:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

If you don't log the calories--you're still eating them--and as you mentioned the oils add up and it's especially important to log calorie dense foods.
  • kankan213
    kankan213 Posts: 105
    Options
    I take green tea supplements that my boyfriend bought me. He is a personal trainer and I'm pretty sure that the only thing they do is flush out excess water, which makes me feel less bloated. Good enough for me! There are only a couple of ingredients in it, and nothing artificial (except maybe the capsule lol)

Also, I noticed you also posted a 1200 calorie post that kind of goes along with what someone above said- your not eating enough? Maybe you should talk to your doctor and see what he/she says about how much you should be eating. If you are eating a very low calorie diet you should add a vitamin supplement to your diet.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Girl, get off the pills! Hoodia doesn't even have any medical studies to confirm it's not dangerous.

LOOK, just because something is sold at a health food store doesn't make it safe. Contrary to popular belief, most things labeled as "dietary supplements" don't need to pass any federal regulations, so best case scenario, it does what it claims, it's an appetite suppressant, and YOU don't need an appetite suppressant considering how little you eat already! Worst case scenario, it has some long term health issues associated with it. Because there haven't been any long term studies done on hoodia (yet) we can't know what it does to your body, you could be upping your risk for any of a number of chronic health problems. If you feel like you NEED some kind of pill to help, then you're problem is a mental one, and you should go talk to a nutrition psychiatrist.

In general, with regards to hoodia and other "diet aids", they're a slippery slope. If you take something to chemically alter how your body reacts to food, in any way, then it can be an issue when you stop taking them, even if there are studies and lab tests to prove it's efficacy, it's still a mental game you're playing. Better to learn to eat healthy and exercise right, because we all KNOW that works, why would you need to add something to it? You don't, you're just giving in to the hype that is the media.