Calories burned through strength training?

Options
MFP doesn't seem to let me enter a value for calories burned, nor calculate it itself in regards to weight lifting/strength training. I'm sure I'm not the only person to have noticed this, or post about it.

Replies

• twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hard to calculate since every one is different in regards to weight lifting and strength training as someone could be really pushing themselves and burn more...I do crossfit so I just went in and added in a new exercise and called it Crossfit and just add calories burned there...

I will say I don't eat back my exercise calories as a rule so I generalize it based on the intensity and what we are doing for that day...

I would say if you want to be totally accurate is to get a HRM and record it. I have a Polar that has a chest strap and a watch and find I can't wear it because it interfers when I am doing lifts...hence why I do a generalization
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Its listed under cardo exercises, as strength training or weight lifting. I forget which one. It probably isn't very accurate but it something.