7 pounds lost!!

Options
I've been working so hard and being so careful about what to eat, and I have to say, I'm soo happy!! I lost 7 pounds already! I'm really happy because I'm going on a cruise on the 29th of August and hopefully by then I'll be able to go swimming without a T-shirt.

But I don't really "see" any differences. My clothes aren't so much looser, and nobody's commented on my weight. Is it my imagination? Is it possible I'm loosing muscle instead of fat or something?

Replies

• jesp1216
    jesp1216 Posts: 100
    Options
    don't get discouraged people who see you everyday won't see a real difference just yet. Give it time and ppl will strt to notice
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I've been working so hard and being so careful about what to eat, and I have to say, I'm soo happy!! I lost 7 pounds already! I'm really happy because I'm going on a cruise on the 29th of August and hopefully by then I'll be able to go swimming without a T-shirt.

But I don't really "see" any differences. My clothes aren't so much looser, and nobody's commented on my weight. Is it my imagination? Is it possible I'm loosing muscle instead of fat or something?

Congratulations on your 7 pound loss! :flowerforyou: That's awesome! :smile:
    Don't worry about it, you and others WILL no doubt start noticing any time now!
    What I WOULD worry about though, is all the food you're going to be surrounded by on your cruise! :noway: I went on a 7 day cruise years ago, and gained a ton! :sad: You can eat and drink 24 ours a day on those ships, and geez, I DID! :laugh:
    If I ever go on another one, I will get lots more exercise and TRY to watch my eating.
    Hopefully, you'll do the same! :smile:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! what a great start
  • bwilton77
    bwilton77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Your not crazy. I've lost 14 lbs and I only see little changes but nothing really noticable.Keep it up and soon everyone will be noticing the changes with you.
  • re_define
    re_define Posts: 39
    Options
    Congratulations on losing 7 pounds, you're definitely on the right path :smile:
    It might take a while before people start to notice your weight loss (I've lost 30 pounds so far and I get people now telling me I look like I've lost weight) but just focus on how good you feel already!
  • mayhsgirl93
    Options
    Thanks guys, hopefully when I come back to school or to a party where I haven't seen people in a while I'll get a few compliments.

And I'm only a little worried about the cruise firstly because it's only 5 days. Second, there's a massive spa and fitness center there, and third because I already signed up for a lot of sporty shore excursions like jetskis and dolphin-riding. I guess I'll just have to stay focused and motivated on the cruise and make an effort to stay away from the all you can eat buffets and whatnot!
  • missyrowland
    Options
    Congrats!!!!! I just hit my 7 pound mark too and only noticed that some of my clothes aren't as tight. The compliments will come...keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!