please tell me this is impossible

Options
I am back from vacation, we were gone for 5 days. I didn't eat right, but not fast food or binging. I didn't drink enough water. I drank plenty of adult beverages, not beer and not with juice mixers or full flavor soda. I was not very active I spent a lot of time lounging by the lake reading. But I was up and down a very steep not too short path to use the restrooms and to get to camp. Here's the question... WTF THE SCALE SAYS I'm UP ABOUT 9 POUNDS!!!!!! Someone tell me this is impossible, I didn't do all that bad, not 9 pounds of bad anyway!!! I feel like being an anorexic today after weighing myself.

Replies

• neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    i suppose it could happen.....putting it on is waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy easier than taking it off.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I always find when I have alcoholfor one night, I can be up a couple of pounds. Combine that with not eating right and lack of exercise and your body is going to gain weight. By the way, alcohol slows your metabolism.

What you need to do is drink lots of water, exercise and eat right. The weight will drop fairly quickly.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    alcohol generally has a lot of sugar and is one of the first things they tell you to stay away from when trying to lose if you are a drinker...even if you did stay away from beer and fruit juices, and also you said youself that you did not get enough water in....

don't be too hard on yourself, it's normal to flux +/- 5 pounds on any given day, get back on track and up your water intake to flush everything back out, you might retain a lil at first if you haven't been hydrated enough in a week or so...don't forget alcohol also dehydrates you :)

jump back in, make those healthy choices and you'll be right back where you were in no time :smile:
  • jesp1216
    jesp1216 Posts: 100
    Options
    im pretty sure its possible, but thats alot to put on in one week, it may be water weight?? from the water you did drink. Then again some of the drinks you have had might have been full of sugar and calories
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    You said you didn't eat right, didn't drink enough water, and add that to plent of adult beverages... Yup I'd believe that you put on some weight. Most likely, you're retaining water, and that accounts for most of it... But....

It's time to start drinking plenty of water, and get back to healthy eating and exercising. I'm sure you'll find that in a week or two, you'll be back to where you started.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

don't let the scale influence your attitude.

return immediately to your usual healthy eating and exercise routine

don't get on the scale for a few days

never, never, never give up

consider staying on your healthy eating and exercise routine every day including vacation days.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    You may have gained a pound or two of actual fat, but surely not 9 pounds of fat in one week. I know when I don't eat well, my scale goes up, but a few days later of being on track and it goes back down. More than likely anything bad that you ate is causing you to retain water. Drink PLENTY of water, get back on track and don't weigh yourself for a week, I'll bet it's back down next week.
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    9 pounds is 31500 calories I know I didn't consume that many calories in the last 5 days let alone over by that many, I may have consumed 2500 a day or 2 but not more than that. Its just amazing what happens with one's body. I am back on track especially with the water and eating right. I'm still exhausted from the travelling so hopefully by the end of the day I could get moving and motivated!
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    don't worry, most of that weight is just water weight and will come off in the next few days...

I myself gain 5-6lbs every weekend, but by tuesday or wednesday I lose it all
  • camf1217
    camf1217 Posts: 11
    Options
    i did the same thing camping gained like 9 pounds, after one workout and a day of eating right i was only up two pounds.