Incline Trainer

Options
fitzfour
fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
Anyone have one of these or have tried it? I'm thinking of purchasing one, but curious what others think of these.

Replies

• hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Is this the ProForm one Jillian Michaels promotes? I just saw it for the first time online and when I get some cash I definitely am buying it. Hill walking is great! Plus being low impact is better for your knees. I have an older treadmill and thought about upgrading it for the newer consoles there are out there. Also have an elliptical my husband loves-I'm not too big on it. So, I discovered this online and am totally pumpede. Let me know if you get one and what you think...:drinker: Kath
  • fitzfour
    Options
    I'll let you know if I decide to get one and what I think!
  • fitzfour
    Options
    bumping this one to see if anyone else out there has one of these or knows someone that does. I'm reading mostly good reviews, but still hesitant for some reason!
  • annmarie23
    Options
    I bought this incline trainer in May and LOVE it!!! I've had no problems and would say it's money well spent. I purchased the NordicTrack Incline Trainer that accepts the IFit cards and did so directly through a Sears store instead of over the phone. I've lost a total of 46 pounds to date and credit it to the use of the incline trainer and my fitness pal!:flowerforyou:
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Just keep in mind that it is an exercise machine, nothing more, nothing less.

Evaluate it the same way you would evaluate any major purchase: check out the quality of construction, repair history, reputation of the company, strength of warranty, reliability of service/support, etc.

Also evaluate what it does vs your exercise/fitness goals. Is it comfortable? Will you enjoy working out on it? Can it grow with you as your fitness level improves? (very important) Is it versatile enough that you can do different things if your interests change?

And then ask the basic questions: Will it make me more or less likely to achieve my goals? Will I still like it in 1 yr? 3 yrs? 5 yrs?

If you like the movement, think it is a quality machine at a fair price, and think it will play a big role in helping you achieve your goals, then it can be a good purchase.

Do NOT consider a purchase based on the claims in the informercial or by a paid shill such as Jillian Michaels. The claims in the commercials are pure BS. It is not a magic machine, nor can it provide any better results than any other piece of fitness equipment. There is nothing unique about the exercise itself.

Anyone who purchases the machine because it will "burn fat 3x faster" or some other such nonsense is a fool who deserves to have someone steal their money.

It is an exercise machine--if you use it properly, it will probably work for you. However, in that respect, it is no different than anything else out there, so just make sure you like the actual movement and the features before considering the purchase.
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Just keep in mind that it is an exercise machine, nothing more, nothing less.

Evaluate it the same way you would evaluate any major purchase: check out the quality of construction, repair history, reputation of the company, strength of warranty, reliability of service/support, etc.

Also evaluate what it does vs your exercise/fitness goals. Is it comfortable? Will you enjoy working out on it? Can it grow with you as your fitness level improves? (very important) Is it versatile enough that you can do different things if your interests change?

And then ask the basic questions: Will it make me more or less likely to achieve my goals? Will I still like it in 1 yr? 3 yrs? 5 yrs?

If you like the movement, think it is a quality machine at a fair price, and think it will play a big role in helping you achieve your goals, then it can be a good purchase.

Do NOT consider a purchase based on the claims in the informercial or by a paid shill such as Jillian Michaels. The claims in the commercials are pure BS. It is not a magic machine, nor can it provide any better results than any other piece of fitness equipment. There is nothing unique about the exercise itself.

Anyone who purchases the machine because it will "burn fat 3x faster" or some other such nonsense is a fool who deserves to have someone steal their money.

It is an exercise machine--if you use it properly, it will probably work for you. However, in that respect, it is no different than anything else out there, so just make sure you like the actual movement and the features before considering the purchase.

Thanks for the advice! I am a runner, so am contemplating between this and a regular treadmill, mainly for the winter months. I'm looking for something versatile, so this one came to mind because I can do more incline than a regular treadmill to increase the intensity. I'll have to test it out to be sure I really like it!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I bought this incline trainer in May and LOVE it!!! I've had no problems and would say it's money well spent. I purchased the NordicTrack Incline Trainer that accepts the IFit cards and did so directly through a Sears store instead of over the phone. I've lost a total of 46 pounds to date and credit it to the use of the incline trainer and my fitness pal!:flowerforyou:

That's the one ! I want it! Anyone have the Bow Flex one?
  • fitzfour
    Options

That's the one ! I want it! Anyone have the Bow Flex one?

I was reading reviews on the Bow Flex one and it didn't have very good reviews. I think the Bow Flex one is actually separate "treads" for each foot, so it's not one big tread. I like the idea of being able to use the NordicTrac one for runnning too!