Tattoos.

Options
Ok. So when i was 18 i got this tattoo on my side. It's of 2 puppy prints and has the name Roxxi(my puppy) and Mimi (my other puppy). So if i lose all the weight i want will this affect my tattoo?

Replies

• lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    How big are the paw prints?
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    It might..... might not. Depends on the size/location and just you. I have seen huge weight losses and tats that look fine and Ive seen some yucky ones :(

Good luck with that!
  • tigerlily_82
    tigerlily_82 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It might, I guess it depends on how much you lose. I know a girl who had a little sun tattooed around her bellybutton but after being pregnant her tattoo stretched to the point where its about the size of a dinner plate now!
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the location and the way your skin behaves, I have one right in the middle of my stomach and it has split a few times with weight loss and gain. I'd say they will probably shrink a little based on how much weight you want to lose and they might change shape a little, but there is nothing to stop you getting them enlarged and straightened out if that does happen. GL on the weight loss :-D
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Mines on my leg and it has gotten brighter and healthier looking but it is on my leg and it didn't shrink much.

My friend had one on her hip/stomach and when she got preggers it streched out a bit but it went back to normal after she lost the baby weight.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Worry about how great your gonna feel after losing that weight not what your tattoo will look like. A simple tattoo like that can be very easy to cover up or fix if need be.
  • emilynoelle8008
    Options
    Thanks guys!! They are really tiny paw prints since Roxxi is a chihuaha and Mimi is a yorkie. And like everyone said i can just get them touched up or re-done.