undereating? can anyone relate?

bostongirl987
bostongirl987 Posts: 104 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I don't understand undereating. I usually eat about 1200 calories of pretty healthy foods, and I work out at least 45 minutes of day, running. I don't feel too hungry during the day either. I don't understand why I am not losing weight. I have heard about "starvation mode," but when I start eating more, I immediately gain weight. This could also have to do with the fact that I eat pretty late at night...

Replies

• smiles04
    smiles04 Posts: 44
    it could be that you are eating late at night.... but i looked at your food diary and it seems like you do consume a large amount of sugar...
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Where are your fruits and veggies. You are suppoed to eat 5- 10 servings a day. Cut out the cookies and refined sugar. You can get enough sugar from fruits and up your veggies! I went to a nutritionist and she said that refined sugar can prevent weight loss. The natural sugar works better with your body
  • pange
    pange Posts: 82
    I agree that you're eating a lot of sugar. You're body turns refined sugars into fat very "efficiently" (unfortunately). Also, if you don't have much weight to lose, you're not going to see it go off quickly. Measure you're neck, waist, and hips to find out how much you're losing. For example, I've lost a whole 1 pound in 3 weeks, but I've lost 1 inch off my waist.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,136 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I agree---eating all that sugar is bound to slow or stop your weight loss

Eat lots of veggies, lean meat, complex carbs like oatmeal, whole grain bread, brown rice, and eliminate cookies, candy, ice cream, and anything else that has sugar.

happy eating:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

if you like yogurt and fruit, try plain non fat yogurt with a little fresh fruit added
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    I can relate. When I first started on WW, I was eating their equivalent of about 16 points a day (don't know exactly what that turns into in cals but their base is 18 for anyone, at minimum). I was working out about 4-5 times a week, not intensively - swimming, mostly.

I was assigned 24 points a day minimum for my weight loss. I had a HARD time eating that much food! The first week I lost 7 pounds. Second week I lost 4 and then a steady 1-2 each week thereafter, apart from the odd time I took for a vacation or whatever.

NOW I'm having a hard time balancing but I only have about 10 pounds to go. I'm on 22 points but when I only eat those, I do not lose weight. I train VERY hard right now - about 1000 cals burned a day. I HAVE to eat a good portion of those exercise calories in order to lose a fraction of a pound.

So, yes, starvation mode exists. Be careful. Eat properly from all food groups, limit sugar and alcohol and eat your exercise calories.
This discussion has been closed.