Slendertone type products

Options
I wondered if anyone has experience of the slendertone type products for your abs. I have a Bodi-Tek ab belt and have not used it consistently.

Do they make a difference if used daily?

Will it help to get rid of the post baby saggy stomach??

Replies

• bonjourkate
    Options
    I have a belt which I bought almost a week ago and have been using daily, I'd say it does work to some extent. Even after this short period of time, I have noticed a slight difference in the way my stomach feels.
    Obviously, this belt must not be the only way you try to tone your stomach, abdominal crunches will need to be done too and maintaining a balanced and healthy diet, which I'm sure you do.

I would say use the belt everyday for 25 minutes (Or the shortest 'program') and on the highest setting you can cope with (Remember, it shouldn't be painful, but you should feel your abs tightening without you tightening them yourself -if you see what I mean?) for about 4 weeks and then increase the 'program' length to the longest for the next 4 weeks and beyond.

Obviously I haven't used this product long enough to tell you whether the end results after 8 weeks, lets say, is a completely flat stomach, but I'd say with other toning methods you should see a real difference.

Hope this helps :)
  • Guitarjon
    Guitarjon Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I had something simular many moons ago. It ended up in the bin. There is no replacement for sweat and pain unfortunately.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Just work out and maintain a moderate calorie deficit. There aren't any shortcuts.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Just work out and maintain a moderate calorie deficit. There aren't any shortcuts.

This. The only thing that work is to lose the fat.
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Your better off going to a sauna LOL... These things don't work!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    SQUATS, squats, and more SQUATS will do far more for your tummy than an accessory.
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    SQUATS, squats, and more SQUATS will do far more for your tummy than an accessory.

I agree!
  • bonjourkate
    Options
    I agree with what everyone is saying, but there is no harm using this product as well as doing other methods.
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone is saying...also realize that you've had a baby. Your body changes over time. Work hard, but things do change.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Those type of items are a scam. They don't work. Diet and exercise will get you the results you want.
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options

This. The only thing that work is to lose the fat.

The product doesn't claim to assist fat loss
  • Chipmunk222
    Chipmunk222 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    NO, I tried one, used it every day for weeks and returned it, never helped a bit.