How important is breakfast?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Breakfast kickstarts your metabolism, so you should eat something first thing in the morning. If you're not real hungry, just keep it light - some fruit or toast. But you should eat something to keep your insulin levels even.

Yeah that's simply not true though
  • rxj22
    rxj22 Posts: 23
    Options
    Breakfast kickstarts your metabolism, so you should eat something first thing in the morning. If you're not real hungry, just keep it light - some fruit or toast. But you should eat something to keep your insulin levels even.

Yeah that's simply not true though

Yep, that claim has been disproven.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Breakfast kickstarts your metabolism, so you should eat something first thing in the morning.

Prove it! I am so sick of hearing this I want to puke.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Breakfast kickstarts your metabolism, so you should eat something first thing in the morning.

Its easier to puke first thing in the morning if you've just had breakfast
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options

Its easier to puke first thing in the morning if you've just had breakfast

Now that's funny!
  • Fockertots
    Fockertots Posts: 221
    Options
    Hi all! Question for you--based on your personal experience!

All my life, I've heard "breakfast is SO important, ESPECIALLY if you want to lose weight!"

But here's the thing--I almost never eat breakfast, simply because I'm rarely hungry when I wake up. I don't get hungry for a few hours, and by then it's so close to lunch time that I just wait for lunch. I assume I shouldn't eat breakfast when I'm not hungry just to say "I ate breakfast!", but I'm wondering if I should have a pre-lunch snack when I do get hungry, etc.

I'm out of bed at 7 and never eat until almost 10:30. I just eat lunch at that time though. I try to never eat unless I'm hungry and I'm working on forgetting about the "norms" of times for food intake. If you're hungry at 10:30, eat then. If you're not hungry again until 4:00, eat then. Just build your meals around the times, keep track of your calories and you'll be just fine.