Does anyone love eggs as much as i do?

Options

Replies

• Rommel_V
    Rommel_V Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hardboiled eggs chopped with chopped tomatoes, some garlic and dash of salt and pepper!
  • s_wilson84
    s_wilson84 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    We love eggs so much we got 8 chickens to support us!
  • Daisy374
    Daisy374 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I love eggs too, and often crave scrambled eggs after a hard workout. This is one of my favorite egg recipes... you don't really taste the egg, it just blends in so nicely with the other ingredients that you don't need a sauce!
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/03/asparagus-and-poached-eggs-over-pasta.html
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    No recipes, but I do love scrambled eggs and omelets. I do put a little milk in the eggs so they are a bit fluffier.
  • lady_gagu
    lady_gagu Posts: 13
    Options
    I loooooove eggs.

my fevret is noodles w/ runny poached egg.

these are my two fav recipes for noodles:

1. javanese noodles

1 pack of noodles
    2 eggs
    anykind vegetable you like. I usually use cabbage, spinach and bean sprout
    1 garlic
    pepper
    salt
    candleberry
    tumeric
    sweet soy sauce
    fried shallot
    chicken stock

mix garlic, candleberry, tumeric, salt and pepper with pestle. stir-fry w/ 1 teaspoon oil until you can smell it. add vegetables and noodles, stir it. add chicken stock, and last add two eggs. you add fried shallot if you like.

second recipe

Egg with chili
    5 boiled eggs
    chilli
    shallot
    garlic
    tomato
    oil

mix shallot, chili, garlic and tomato w/ pestle. stir fry with oil, then add boiled eggs.
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    OMG I LOVE eggs!!!

My fave is hard-boiled. I perfected my method to get them perfect every time LOL.
    After that I love 'em scrambled or in an omelette with tons of Tabasco!

What is the method for perfect hard boiled eggs?
    I LOVE eggs and eat (usually scrambled) for dinner at least twice a week. AND it keeps me so full!
  • MikeG1355
    MikeG1355 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Breakfast every morning for the last two+ years and still haven't gotten tired of it...

crumbled breakfast sausage
    sliced mushrooms

When sausage and mushrooms are browned
    add a handful of spinach and wilt
    then add two eggs and stir around to scramble

I like mine with Chalula hot sauce for spice...

Great protein that stays with you until lunch.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I love eggs too, and often crave scrambled eggs after a hard workout. This is one of my favorite egg recipes... you don't really taste the egg, it just blends in so nicely with the other ingredients that you don't need a sauce!
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/03/asparagus-and-poached-eggs-over-pasta.html

I feel the same way too, and great web site:):) :flowerforyou:
  • AbbeyRysMom
    AbbeyRysMom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I love eggs too!! I don't have any recipes, but I love quiche, actually, i prefer crustless quiche. Great to bake, then slice and eat straight from the fridge, and very versatile. I'm about to go and create a spinach artichoke quiche in a little while :)
  • JudyMN5
    JudyMN5 Posts: 5
    Options
    I have chickens so we eat a ton of eggs. My fav every morning to make an egg mc muffin with a soft cooked egg and sauted spinach on an english muffin.

Hard boiled eggs, sliced on a platter. Drizzled with olive oil , salt and pepper, and sprinkled with chopped sun dried tomatoes.
  • rheyl21
    rheyl21 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    OMG I love eggs. I love omelettes - most mornings my breakfast consists of 3 whites, 1 yolks with a slice of american cheese and topped with salsa its sooooo good. I love hard bolied eggs, deviled eggs, eggs benedict (sinful) I like them anyway them make em'!
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread Crystal. I eat boiled egg whites almost daily with occasional whole egg. I can't wait to try some of these recipes.
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    OMG I LOVE eggs!!!

My fave is hard-boiled. I perfected my method to get them perfect every time LOL.
    After that I love 'em scrambled or in an omelette with tons of Tabasco!

What is the method for perfect hard boiled eggs?
    I LOVE eggs and eat (usually scrambled) for dinner at least twice a week. AND it keeps me so full!
    [/quote

Yes please share. I hate peeling a bad egg.
  • RobertaKR
    RobertaKR Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    One favorite I make for my daughter, I call "Sunrise Surprise", a variation on sunny-side-up / easy-over with toast

- take a silce of bread, lightly butter both sides or spray with Pam
    (also spray frying pan or griddle even if non-stick type)
    - using a 2 1/2 " round cookie cutter, cut out a hole in the centre of the slice of bread
    - place bread on heated pan, and crack the egg into the hole.
    - after about 1 minute carefully flip the bread and egg over
    - cook until egg is as done as you like it.

We like the egg yolk to be slightly runny.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Give up the whole egg....NEVER!

We eat eggs 3-4 times a week at our house...it's the go-to-food! Farm fresh and delish!

Love the ideas...keep them coming.
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    im an egg girl. try eggs with cabbage. :)

sautee cabbage with garlic and chili peppers a bit of olive oil or spray .. you can scramble the eggs and throw it into the cabbage and let it cook up. i add a pinch of salt and black pepper. very good.
  • spigenerb
    spigenerb Posts: 29
    Options
    I like them hard boiled or in an omelet with mushrooms, onions Tabasco, or hot sauce.

I eat 7-8 every morning. Did I mention I love eggs.
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    also try eggs with any veggies your like and whatever meat you like.. like chicken or bacon.. and then toss in scrambled eggs and make an omlette but add 1oz of mozzerela cheese on top.. let cook well .. and when one side is fully done turn over (you can cover the mozzerela side while the bottom is cooking. this will bubble up the cheese then turn over and brown and cook that side. Yum.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I probably eat too many eggs actually. I love them. I made deviled eggs last night. I love scrambled eggs with spinach, tomatoes and katsup! lol Or mixed with turkey sausage on top of toast!

Ooh. Could you please share your recipe for deviled eggs? I love them, but can't seem to get a good recipe!! Thanks!!

8 eggs (for 16 deviled eggs)
    1/4 cup Kraft mayo (regular)
    2 tsp French's Classic Yellow Mustard
    about a tbsp sweet pickle juice
    paprika

Comes out to about 58 cals, 5 grms fat and 3 grms protein per.

They must be good because even my 5 year old loves them! lol
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    If I didn't have a family to cook for I'd probably eat eggs every night for dinner. Yum!