cellulite on butt

Options
Hi, just wondering how i get rid of the dreaded dimples on my butt cheeks???
I started the BBL workout y.day and the 30ds today, i can barely walk!!!
i drink loads of water and eat very good
will the BBL workout help get rid of it??!!!

Replies

• gingerlynnlove
    gingerlynnlove Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Not sure but I am interested.. I have the same problem! Grrr! Hopefully someone can help us out!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    *most* women have cellulite.

Don't buy the $40 creams Dr. Oz suggests, I'll tell you that.

The best thing to do is to lose weight and you can also use the self-tanner creams (the experts suggest this) to help hide any lumpy spots. I like the self tanner by Origins ($20). I use it twice a week in the warmer months (I don't lay out in the sun and I'm outdoors all the time with sunscreen on, so I'm a big advocate for self tanners).
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Mine greatly reduced with heavy strength training, running and a very small calorie deficit.

But more than that, what's helped is the knowledge that it's something I notice on myself far more than other people notice. I see dimples in the dressing room at Kohl's (worst.lighting.ever.) but can't see a damn thing in photos.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    It's mostly genetics that causes this. Fat loss and muscle definetion will help but some people will have them no matter what.

Tanning helps make it less noticeable.
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    As far as I know there's nothing that can be done to get rid of it - even Jillian Michaels admits to having it, and she's in pretty perfect shape. Cellulite is genetic, so if your relatives have it, you probably will too. I've had it since I was like 15, and I was a little anorexic ballerina then, so it wasn't like I needed to lose weight! You can MINIMIZE it's appearance; the more muscle you have, the tighter your skin will be. Like Onesnap said, self tanners are great at hiding it (although tanning in the actual sun, or fakebaking, will make it worse, because tanning damages your skin and thins it out, making cellulite more apparent). Exfoliating helps too - I like to do dry skin brushing.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Mine greatly reduced with heavy strength training, running and a very small calorie deficit.

But more than that, what's helped is the knowledge that it's something I notice on myself far more than other people notice. I see dimples in the dressing room at Kohl's (worst.lighting.ever.) but can't see a damn thing in photos.

INORITE... Kohl's dressing rooms must be designed by sadists or something. I swear, I've nearly started to cry at times. :sick:
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Lift weights.. Squats, lunges, dead lifts ect.. Its worked amazingly for my *kitten* :)
  • mitzi801
    mitzi801 Posts: 38
    Options
    thanks for the posts... i will see if there is a difference at the end of the BBL workout.. if i can manage 30days!!!!!!
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    old wives tale... eating lots of celery.

Although my mste does it (she is quite a larger lady), and she doesnt have a spot! although, again, could be due to genetics
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    It's mostly genetics that causes this. Fat loss and muscle definetion will help but some people will have them no matter what.

Don't tan. You'll be kicking yourself later. Leathery skin, wrinkles, cancer...

Use the fake tanning products (natural if you can)
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I too have had it since I was about 15 - and I was a size 4 at that time! I have noticed the more running I have done and strength training (squats!!) the better it has gotten. I know I will not be completely free of it, and that is ok because I still have come a long way and feel so much better about my body :)
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options

Don't tan. You'll be kicking yourself later. Leathery skin, wrinkles, cancer...

Use the fake tanning products (natural if you can)

Yes, be safe, don't get skin cancer :smile:
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options

INORITE... Kohl's dressing rooms must be designed by sadists or something. I swear, I've nearly started to cry at times. :sick:

Most marketing is designed to make women feel insecure about their appearance and buy something that makes them feel better about it.

Now, having designed lighting for Kohl's I can see my evil plan is working perfectly......
  • Chelkb
    Chelkb Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    @skinnymissmelissa ~ does dry brushing work or help? I am 5'6" and 135 lbs. I run 3 days per week and do kettlebell workouts 2 days a week. I have terrible cellulite all the way to my knees. Very frustrating especially when I work my butt off. I know that I will never get rid of it but I am all for trying to minimize the appearance. How much and how often do you do dry brushing?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Now, having designed lighting for Kohl's I can see my evil plan is working perfectly......

You *kitten*! :laugh:
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    @skinnymissmelissa ~ does dry brushing work or help? I am 5'6" and 135 lbs. I run 3 days per week and do kettlebell workouts 2 days a week. I have terrible cellulite all the way to my knees. Very frustrating especially when I work my butt off. I know that I will never get rid of it but I am all for trying to minimize the appearance. How much and how often do you do dry brushing?

I think that it helps. Funny - I am the same height and same weight as you! I try to dry brush every day; I start with the bottoms of my feet and work all the way up, always brushing towards my heart. It supposedly helps with circulation and releasing toxins. It hasn't cured the problem, but it feels really good to do it, and it makes my skin feel really soft. Now that it's summer I've been getting spray tans and in order to make them last longer, I've cut back on the dry brushing to a couple times a week so that I don't brush the tan off. I use that Jergens Natural Glow Firming Daily Moisturizer in between spray tans, and that helps too with reducing that bumpy appearance.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

That
  • camielle27
    camielle27 Posts: 1
    Options
    i heard alot of walking can reduce it:smile:

That
  • smartandtrim
    smartandtrim Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm 18, and 129lbs, and I have it all up and down my butt and thighs. It's genetic, and the absolute worst. I find that working my thighs, losing bf, and some self tanner (I'm as white as they come) helps a bit, but honestly, you can't completely get rid of it without cosmetic surgery. My mom had it done, and it looks great, but it was expensive and a total pain.