started at 497lbs 2 months later 43lbs lighter

Options
2»

Replies

• JamminAng
    JamminAng Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm proud of your start! You've done amazing so far. Your wife must be so proud. I'm sure she wants to keep you around as long as she can... so by taking care of yourself, you are giving her an amazing gift.

God bless, friend! You can do it!
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My name is Brandon and I started on MFP March 26th with very little optimism about loosing weight. I was at my heaviest in life of 497lbs. no one would have guessed that much but i knew the truth. God had worked on my heart for a years about loosing the weight. I was a glutton and that is just as bad as any other sin. I knew i needed to change, and my breaking point came when I didnt think i was going to be able to play softball this year. I had rolled my ankle a few months ago and after a month went by and I could still not move well on it i began to get nervous. I have never been unable to play before. I was always a big guy but i moved surprisingly well for the size I was. But not for long. It had finally caught up with me. So I knew it was time. and as hard as I thought it would be, it really wasnt. it is more of a mind game than anything. I started having fun with it instead of dreading it. Found some great things that I love to eat. Squash and zucchini are two of my new favs. well this is my first post I hope it helps someone to go on. I will add pics on my next post.

Welcome to MFP! I started in the "400 club" too and I'm pretty sure you will get to goal! You're doing awesome work; -43 lbs in two months is insane!! Good job! :drinker:
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    that is amazing progress You can do this.. many have!!!! just keep at it even when the scale doesn't move continue to do what you know is good for you and you will eventually reach your goal.
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing. You've made the hardest decision in starting.

You can do this and we will all be here rooting for you :)
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    That is great! Keep up all your hard work!
  • aprileigh27
    aprileigh27 Posts: 37
    Options
    keep it up!
  • kasee8
    kasee8 Posts: 47
    Options
    Way to go! Congratulations!!
  • jhehle
    jhehle Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My name is Brandon and I started on MFP March 26th with very little optimism about loosing weight. I was at my heaviest in life of 497lbs. no one would have guessed that much but i knew the truth. God had worked on my heart for a years about loosing the weight. I was a glutton and that is just as bad as any other sin. I knew i needed to change, and my breaking point came when I didnt think i was going to be able to play softball this year. I had rolled my ankle a few months ago and after a month went by and I could still not move well on it i began to get nervous. I have never been unable to play before. I was always a big guy but i moved surprisingly well for the size I was. But not for long. It had finally caught up with me. So I knew it was time. and as hard as I thought it would be, it really wasnt. it is more of a mind game than anything. I started having fun with it instead of dreading it. Found some great things that I love to eat. Squash and zucchini are two of my new favs. well this is my first post I hope it helps someone to go on. I will add pics on my next post.

Way to go!! I am so proud of you!! I have lost 44lbs myself in the last 4.5 mos; i started out at 246.6 and i know its an extremely hard thing to do, or should i say it was a hard thing to do in the past. This last time i didn't 'diet'; i changed my way of life---i eat appropriate portions, healthier foods (i dont limit my foods, i just choose healthier options most of the time) and i move more instead of laying/sitting around all evening.

43lbs in 2 mos is a major accomplishment and you are doing fantastic!!! Keep it up and dont let anything stop you!!!
  • Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep up the good work. This site is a wonderful tool and I'm glad you found your way here!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!