Has this ever happened to you?

Options
It seems that every time I eat something bad and then go shopping, the clothes I try on always are a size or two bigger than I really wear. Is this because of bloating, or the food, or what? And I also realize that whenever I eat something bad, my stomach appears to be bigger than normal. I just had an entire bag of chips, and now I'm going shopping. I'm afraid that the same thing will happen again, and then I'll have to go back and return the clothes a few days later.

Anyone else had or have this problem? Any advice would be really helpful!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Hey Rach,

Yea I have that problem too. Mostly from bloating when I eat badly. I try to shop before I eat bc I always feel bloated if I eat before. It's hard for me because right now I'm in between sizes lol So, no matter what I do I still have problems.

I'm not sure what advice to give you, other than shop before you eat. I have a bunch of jeans that on certain days fit me perfectly but then on other days they give me that gross muffin top...*shrugs shoulders*
  • jesp1216
    jesp1216 Posts: 100
    Options
    it's probly that your stomach is full when you go shopping and your bloated, especially if you are eating more than 1 serving of something, because in reality your body doesnt need more than that so it's making you bloated
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I don't suppose I should ask what the heck you were thinking when you were eating an entire bag of chips? :noway:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I don't suppose I should ask what the heck you were thinking when you were eating an entire bag of chips? :noway:

That's what I was thinking...I definitely wouldn't shop on those days. :tongue:
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options

:laugh: Yeah, what was I thinking?! But in my defense, it wasn't a super-big bag. Only about 3 servings and reduced fat. Still, I know that's bad.:grumble: From now on, no more buying tons of chips.:tongue: Just this week has been really bad - too busy, not a lot of time to exercise, etc. I hope to get back on track soon.

Surprise, surprise . . . I came home with some clothes a size bigger than normal. Really cute clothes, though.:tongue: