Running with iPhone

Options
2»

Replies

• claire_90
    claire_90 Posts: 99
    Options
    Oh wow now I think there's too many options lol , thank you though to everyone's suggestions :)
  • bicoastalgirl
    bicoastalgirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    For those of you with a SPIbelt, do your headphone cords get in the way? I like clipping mine up when I wear my phone on my arm but if you wear it at your waist you can't really do that.

I have a spibelt. I don't find that the cord gets in the way, but you can get ear buds with a retractable cord.

eta: also, i wouldn't spend the extra money for a water resistant one. i just put my iphone in a ziploc bag before putting it in my spibelt. and that works great.
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    I hated the armband tan lines...

I put my iPhone in an old sock, face out in my sports bra. This stops the sweat issue and I really don't notice it...but I still have layers of chub for it to hide in. Lol
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I don't have one but I remember talk that iphones weren't designed to handle the constant shaking from running but maybe that was just the original model
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I don't have one but I remember talk that iphones weren't designed to handle the constant shaking from running but maybe that was just the original model
    hmm. I run with mine. I always have. They have running apps with gps in them, which suggests it can handle it.

That said: I tried an armband. Too sweaty for me.
  • mistylovesmusic
    Options
    The bandages that stick to themselves work great. (The ones they give you when you donate blood). They make it in all colors too. The only problem is that you can't change the display or slide it off easily. It's there for the entire run. Good luck!
  • quebot
    quebot Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have always been pretty comfortable with a zip lock bag and stuffing it in my bra. I'm also very large chested and wear two sports bras when running, and I stuff between the layers. I hardly notice it's there.
  • VenusEnvy
    VenusEnvy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have tiny little girl arms. I wanted an armband for my 4S that would accomodate the case I already have on it. This one works great and doesn't move at all while running.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004FN08PU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I bought one off of Amazon (with a hot pink rubbery cover that slips over your phone, but no plastic to go over the face.. so if it rains.. eek!) and it does not move on my arm. Its adjustable with velcro. Not sure how little your arms are. I would not say mine are, but I guess average-- 10.5"

I just looked at mine and its called a 'tuneband' and it was inexpensive.
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Invest in a spibelt, it will also hold your keys and won't bounce around!

I concur - I love my SpiBelt and it does not bounce around. Very comfortable.
  • nyssa1231
    nyssa1231 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I got a Spibelt from Amazon because I have the same issues. It's a little belt that goes around your waist (I usually put mine higher). I can fit my iPhone, my bike and house keys, and my driver's license. I love it!
  • aohacket
    aohacket Posts: 3
    Options
    I have had lots of issues with armbands as well. The Spibelt is good but you can't use your phone while you're running to change songs or anything. The best thing I've found is WorkaWear, I got mine the other day and love it so far. You can find it at workawear.com i highly recommend it.