What are some good exercises to lose leg fat?

Options
2»

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit! You can't spot reduce fat, so all you can do is 'make your body in the kitchen' and focus on eating at a slight deficit and maintaining proper nutrition.

Lady Homebrewer - 3yrs
    MFP Smarty-pants and sometimes food logger
    Also, boobs.
  • DannyNovela
    DannyNovela Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    hiking got my thighs to get smaller. they used to rub when i walked and now they dont...it did take about 200 or more miles of hiking but well worth it.
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges have been my saving grace. Although, I HATE them. I do them because they work.
    Hope this helps.

I have had countless trainers watch my form and help me with squats and lunges, and I have NEVER seen desirable results from them. I do not understand what I am doing wrong!

Maybe nothing. I'm assuming you're exercising for slim legs, not big or strong legs (the kind you'd need for a sport). If you're predisposed to carry fat there no matter how much you lose weight, exercises like squats and lunges can have the effect of making you look bigger.

Sometimes trainers don't understand what women want. They assume that any muscle development anywhere will be welcomed.

You might want to Google "Visual Impact for Women." [I have no connection to it.]

Thank you! You're right, I have a hard time communicating my goals to trainers and I'm predisposed to carry my weight in my thighs so it's a struggle to reduce their size.