Back on track!

Options
Ok, so I have been dieting on and off for months (or a year) and did WW, and now trying MFP. I'm recommitted to making it work bc I really need to lose these 10 or 15 lbs. My question is - how are folks feeling about fruit? I had a convo last night with someone who said eating too much fruit is bad. But I have a sweettooth and I find that eating fruit satiates the sweet tooth and prevents me from eating chocolate or cookies etc. How much fruit is too much fruit? I know that on WW, fruits and veggies (most of them) are 0 points - I wonder if that's a flaw with WW. Anyway, just curious. I'm SO hoping I can stick to my 1200 cals a day and my exercise routine. And cutting out evening and weekend wine. :-) which I think is the killer. That and eating out of boredom, or emotional eating, and my sweettooth. I'm reading the Paul McKenna book "I Can Make You Thin" and listening to the DVD and hoping that helps me with the emotional eating etc. I had an eating disorder in high school and I think I just HATE the feeling of being hungry and deprived which is another thing.

Anyone else restarting/recommitting this week? Join me! Also I read if you "diet with friends" you lose more and I only have one friend on this - so feel free to "friend me"!

Replies

• ashivnc
    ashivnc Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bumping my own thread bc I'd love some input!!! :wink:
  • londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I have been dieting on and off for months (or a year) and did WW, and now trying MFP. I'm recommitted to making it work bc I really need to lose these 10 or 15 lbs. My question is - how are folks feeling about fruit? I had a convo last night with someone who said eating too much fruit is bad. But I have a sweettooth and I find that eating fruit satiates the sweet tooth and prevents me from eating chocolate or cookies etc. How much fruit is too much fruit? I know that on WW, fruits and veggies (most of them) are 0 points - I wonder if that's a flaw with WW. Anyway, just curious. I'm SO hoping I can stick to my 1200 cals a day and my exercise routine. And cutting out evening and weekend wine. :-) which I think is the killer. That and eating out of boredom, or emotional eating, and my sweettooth. I'm reading the Paul McKenna book "I Can Make You Thin" and listening to the DVD and hoping that helps me with the emotional eating etc. I had an eating disorder in high school and I think I just HATE the feeling of being hungry and deprived which is another thing.

Anyone else restarting/recommitting this week? Join me! Also I read if you "diet with friends" you lose more and I only have one friend on this - so feel free to "friend me"!

Fruit is healthy and nutritious. If you love it, you should take advantage and absolutely make it part of your diet. The only limit is your MFP calorie goal. The more you enjoy the food you eat, the more likely you are to keep to your calorie limits and the more sustainable your weight loss will be in the long term :) The only fruit associated with weight gain is fruit juice as it is stripped of all of the hunger-busting fibre...
  • ashivnc
    ashivnc Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you, londoneye! That helps. :-)