BodyBugg on sale - $99 (or $79 with code)

Options
ShannonMpls
ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
FYI, the BodyBuggSP (smartphone compatible) and the BodyBugg v3 are on sale on the 24 hour fitness site for $99 with free shipping. This price includes a 6 month online subscription.

I also saw on the FB page that you can use a referral code and save another $20:

http://bodybugg.extole.com/a/clk/4l6MGq

If you copy the code generated by that link and enter it on the shopping cart, $20 is subtracted making it only $79...I've never seen a BodyBugg so cheap. I've got one in my cart right now and it's hard not to pull the trigger and buy it. You do have to register for a shopping account and log on to have the code apply. (Note: this is a referral code but it's not MINE, it's a random one I found on the BodyBugg FB page; I don't have one and I don't benefit an iota from it, just thought some of you might want to save the $20 so I'm sharing it).

VERY tempting!

Replies

• Masq
    Masq Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! Just heard about this device today. I wish I had seen/heard about a BodyBugg before I bought a Fitbit. :ohwell: Maybe I can sell my Fitbit on eBay or something.

For $80, I think I'm switching to BB. :wink:
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    TY-- I just bought it -- I'm stuck in my weight loss and need something - hoping this will help --- and got it for $79.99!! :) That's a steal!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Glad you put this in the forum. I ordered mine already and Googled to find a coupon and I did ....20% off! YAY! This is an excellent price which indicates a new model is probably coming out and this model will be discontinued.
  • Masq
    Masq Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Me too! Just took the plunge and bought one for $80. :smile:
    I can't wait for it to arrive!!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ShannonMpls
    Options
    Got mine and started using it...I really like it, I'm actually surprised at how much it motivates me. I work out 5-7 hours a week but it's INSANE how many hours I spend absolutely sedentary. I'm working on moving more during the work day, even a little walk instead of email makes such a difference.

I got the SP and it doesn't connect to my iPhone completely seamlessly but now that I know how to work it I can always get a connection. I like being able to check in during the day to see how many steps/cals I'm at. I still log food here and just put a calorie amount into Bodybugg. Their software isn't nearly as good as MFP's and I'm not leaving here.

They're still on sale for $79 using that link, until June 30.
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Got mine and started using it...I really like it, I'm actually surprised at how much it motivates me. I work out 5-7 hours a week but it's INSANE how many hours I spend absolutely sedentary. I'm working on moving more during the work day, even a little walk instead of email makes such a difference.

I got the SP and it doesn't connect to my iPhone completely seamlessly but now that I know how to work it I can always get a connection. I like being able to check in during the day to see how many steps/cals I'm at. I still log food here and just put a calorie amount into Bodybugg. Their software isn't nearly as good as MFP's and I'm not leaving here.

They're still on sale for $79 using that link, until June 30.

how are you just putting in a calorie amount into the BB website thing?? Ive been searching all over and i cant figure out how to do it.

I dont like logging food on there, id rather just log it here but still be able to put the number into my BB.

:)
  • michluth
    michluth Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting - I'm so tempted. Sounds like you have been happy with it!
  • ShannonMpls
    Options
    how are you just putting in a calorie amount into the BB website thing?? Ive been searching all over and i cant figure out how to do it.

I dont like logging food on there, id rather just log it here but still be able to put the number into my BB.

Just saw this now. I did reply to your message but I'll put it here too in case someone else needs the info.

Okay, it was a bit confusing but this is how I did it.

Log on at myapex.com
    Open the program
    Go to Calories Consumed
    In the popup window, choose Enter Nutrition Facts
    I called it 100 calories and entered it as 100 calories, 1 gram or whatever. It made me enter carbs or something, so I just put in a 5. I didn't care about macronutrients since I track those here, just wanted the cals so it would show my deficit on the Bodybugg app.

Save that new food.

Now, use that new food to log "breakfast" and just put in the number of servings. If I eat 2055 calories, I enter 20.55 servings of the 100 cal food.

Then, each day, I use that food to log "breakfast" once I know how many cals I'm having a day per MFP. Then I can see my actual deficit. You can enter this from the website or from your phone if you're using the SP Bodybugg.

Hope that helps!
  • ShannonMpls
    Options
    Boosting because these babies are on sale again - same deal as in my OP.
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm getting one! Cheaper than a fitbit! Wheeeeeeeeeee!
  • anjc1977
    anjc1977 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a good deal...I need to check this out!!!!
  • fitnesschick0707
    Options
    i know that this is an old post but I am curious as to how this works and if it's worth the money. I am watching one on ebay right now, What are your views on it
  • bkohles77
    bkohles77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Avoid the BodyBugg. I have had one for quite some time, and while it gives useful information, the app is often buggy. For the past week, I have burned more than 12,000 calories a day, more than 3 times what I actually did, steps are way off too. There's no reason to have something monitor your activity levels when the information is way off base.

Plus, without the connectivity to your MyFitnessPal, it lessens it. Not to mention, $10 a month for the subscription to actually use the BodyBugg. I'm looking to upgrade to a Fitbit or the Up.