Pushing Stroller with Child

Options
2»

Replies

• StayMe
    StayMe Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    my HRM is a sporstline. I recommend one with a chest belt. they seem to be more accurate. it was a little uncorfortable at first but once i get moving i forget I have it on.

each person calories burned are different according to they body size and levelof fitness. so a HRM would definately help you track your calories burned properly.
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I have a BOB Revolution SE stroller and absolutely love it...i too was wondering how to figure the calories burned when I take him for walks. He's 28 pounds....Can anyone suggest a cheap heart rate moniter that works well?
  • 1fitkimberly
    1fitkimberly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I could really use the help as well. I typically run a 10-min-mile with my two children in the double jogger. My children combined weigh about 45 lbs. and the double jogger is about 32 lbs. However, just entering "pushing child in stroller" will not cut it, and neither will simply entering "running a 10-min-mile"... Does anyone know the best way to calculate my true calories burned?
  • FrazierSamuel
    FrazierSamuel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It really depends where you are walking or jogging as well. I wear a heart rate monitor and usually aim for a three mile walk at about 3.5 Mph. Pushing the stroller on a gravel trail around the lake can increase the calorie burn by almost 50% compared to sidewalks around the neighbourhood. Up and down hills makes a huge difference as well.