Over ate the whole weekend and gained 8 lbs!!!

Options
124»

Replies

• thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I continually do not understand why people weigh themselves in after a bad weekend knowing they gained weight and then be all freaked out about it.

Set youself up for success. Have a bad weekend? Then have a good week and weigh in on fri or sat morning instead of directly after the bad weekend and then freak out.
  • Cmnden
    Cmnden Posts: 8
    Options
    3 points:

1) Okay, it sucks, but you probably felt happy and more energetic due to all of your "stores" being replenished
    2) 1 gram of Carb 'attracts' 3 grams of Water and water is heavy
    3) Don't go crazy, give yourself 10 days to reach your former weight
  • chergal2
    chergal2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So I gained 8 lbs on weekend too but didn't eat that much. I did have 6 ceasar's though. I am so frustrated.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    cholmes29 wrote: »
    So I gained 8 lbs on weekend too but didn't eat that much. I did have 6 ceasar's though. I am so frustrated.

This is a thread from 2012, FYI... but the advice still stands. You didn’t eat 28,000 calories over your maintenance level did you? Then it is mostly water weight. Drink lots of water and get back to your normal routine.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Okay so I ate like a pig for the last 3 days at all the parties I went to for memorial Day weekend and my scale says I gained 8 lbs! Is this even possible! I do feel sick after eating all that crap and my capris were so uncomfortably snug today that I couldn't even wear them! Some one please tell me this will all go away in a few days?!

That's nothing, I've had days where I gained 5 lbs overnight, so imagine 2 straight days of gaining 5 lbs...yup been there. I learned over the years not to worry about it, by experience, whenever I got back to my regular diet, those weight gains came off quickly because in the end it was all water weight. As long as it 's a one or two off thing, it won't do anything in the big scheme of things.

Think of it this way, you don't become skinny by undereating just like you won't get obese for eating a lot for 2 days. People get bigger (or fatter) because they have had many days of over eating.Not 1 or 2 days.
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I had fun last week for the 4th, then birthday parties all weekend. I made myself get on the scale and I was up 6lbs. Not thrilled, but I'm back on track. You got this!