Not losing ...

Options
AT ALL! I don't get it.. why am i not losing weight? I'm weighing myself at the same time every week and i still weigh the same if not even more! and i've been eating the right amount of calories and everything! what did i do wrong?:mad:

Replies

• astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    If you make your food diary public & let us know a little more about your routine, we'd be able to help more. :flowerforyou:
  • Aayyahh
    Aayyahh Posts: 19
    Options
    it's public now.
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I only looked over about a week and a half of your diary, so you might take this with a grain of salt... here's what I would suggest:
    1. Log EVERYTHING... EVERY DAY. Good days, bad days...
    That helps tremendously with really getting a handle on where things are going wrong.
    2. From what I saw, you are not eating enough. Since you are not losing, make an effort to eat half or all of your exercise calories. Sometimes that's what your body needs to knock it out of starvation mode and let go of fat instead of hoarding everything you eat.
    3. Try adding more protein to your diet - Many days you have a lack of 35 grams or so... muscles need protein, and it helps fuel your body for a longer period of time in a way that simple carbs can't.
    4. I suspect you have a very busy lifestyle as I see a lot of take-out and quick foods... regardless, try to eat a little healthier... that may help you too. lean meats on whole wheat bread were a great choice you made... try subbing brown rice for sticky rice, try to cut out a little of your refined sugars and toss in a few more fruits and veggies.

That's all I can think of on short review... :smile:

Have you checked your measurements lately? Sometimes as you gain more muscle you lose inches but not pounds... hang in there! You'll figure out what works for you, sometimes it just takes a bit of trial-and-error first!
  • TimTam78
    TimTam78 Posts: 3
    Options
    Looking at your food diary alone, you need to eat more and it needs to be healthy unprocessed food.
    If you don't eat at least 1200 calories your body goes into storage mode, so instead of feeling healthy, you might feel tired because your body is using alot of what you put in your mouth for storage as fat.
    Some quick, simple, healthy meals you can easily make if you get home late:
    1. Lite vegetable soup from a tin, not a packet mix, with 2 pieces of toast. Make sure your toast/bread is wholegrain.
    2. Celery and carrot sticks with philidephia lite cream cheese. A tin of salmon or tuna. Chopped cucumber. (The secret with these types of snacks is to chopped/slice vegies every 3 days and keep them in the fridge ready for whenyou need them.)
    3. Buy Frozen vegi mixes (peas, corn, carrot mix etc) and have some cold meats or some cooked meat portions in the freezer for emergencies. Once again its about being organised, I buy 1kg of premium mince and fry, without oil, with onions, garlic and worscestershire sauce for flavour. and I freeze those in 180g portions.
    The most important think is to try and eat your required nutrients, especially your proteins. Eat eggs, nuts and beans for protein its, they make you feel full. Slow release/Low GI carbs will help you feel full longer.
    hope this helps.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I did about a 3 week look at your diary, not even really looking at the content, but I'll say this, you're all over the place with your calorie intake, 700 down one day, 100 up another day...etc. You need to be far more consistent in your calories to really teach your body how to burn calories. Before we go any further, a month or more of eating a consistent, high quality diet is necessary to see any real, long term results.