p90x and obese

Options
hfzimmerman
hfzimmerman Posts: 200 Member
Hello,
Has anyone had success doing p90x while obese/morbidly obese? I'm almost done with the 30 day shred and trying to figure out what to do next so any tips or your success story would be appreciated!

Replies

• stephie4111
    stephie4111 Posts: 118
    Options
    i have personally not done p90x would like to. i am a beachbody coach and I have done brazil butt lift and rockin body. hope someone can answer for you. I have heard great success stories with the p90x also.
  • hfzimmerman
    Options
    What is rockin body? And did you get good results with the butt lift?
  • allianya
    allianya Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, I too have done the 30 day shred. After feeling like I was ready for something else I moved on to Turbo Fire which is one of the Beach Body series DVD sets. I personally like the class room setting and the rockin music. I am not morbidly obese but did start it after doing the 30 day shred- where I lost my first 6 lbs. leaving me at 175 lbs. I felt like it was a serious challenge (very hard) but not impossible. I have also tried the insanity series and I really like it as well. Honestly, I found insanity easier than Turbo Fire. For cardio, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Zumba with the right instructor. However, if you are looking for HIIT (high intensity interval training) the something from the beach body series will give you results. Just go only as hard as you can. Your hardest and best, no matter how much that is, as long as it is your hardest and best, WILL give you results! You will do amazing, do it one day at a time!
  • hfzimmerman
    Options
    Thanks! I love zumba as well I do that along with the shred. Whatever I do next will be coupled with zumba or training for a 5k (my first ever). Since I can't really go anywhere and lift weights I would Like some way of adding strength training to my routine and the interval training seems to make it more fun/ doesn't seem as long.
  • Nparker320
    Nparker320 Posts: 16
    Options
    I am in Phase 2 ( 5th week) of P90X and at first I thought I was going to literally die but have pushed through it. I have not seen a huge difference in weight loss but my body is changing i.e. muscles definition in my arms & legs and in my stomach which is motivation for me since I have had two babies by way of c-section and thought that I would never see results. My favorite is Plyometrics, you move and jump alot but by the end of the session I feel great!
  • hfzimmerman
    Options
    I've also had 2 babies very close together so I'm trying to get in shape/ healthier for then as well as myself
  • JamminAng
    JamminAng Posts: 36
    Options
    I started P90X, but found the workouts too long for me at this point in my life. Each workout is close to an hour - and yoga is 90 minutes. Not to deter you, as I have seen amazing results people receive with it...but the time commitment is pretty intense.

I'm a Beach body junkie myself... and I've tried Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, Insanity, Chalean Extreme, Power 90, 10 minute trainer, currently doing Les Mills Pump. What you will like will really depend on your personality and the goals you are going for...

P90X is very possible to do when you are losing, you just need to modify it to accommodate your level of fitness.
  • adswillis27
    adswillis27 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I haven't done P90X, but Les Mills PUMP is an awesome workout and one that I recommend to anyone and everyone. I love Beachbody workouts and just finished my first round of PUMP.
  • Agirard25
    Agirard25 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have P90X and I love it--but the truth is that I LOVE about 5 of the workouts and the others are more lifting than cardio. I have done them all-2 summers ago--and plan on following it this summer I believe. And when you do them all you see great results, but if you are just getting into working out I would probably suggest something else--maybe Ripped in 30, or TurboJam or something a little more fun than P90X...because if you don't enjoy it you won't stick with it....and that is the whole point! To find something you like doing and will WANT to do everday--that is how it will become your lifestyle! P90X is awesome, but it is an hour a day (at least) and I am fairly fit/athletic and find the lifting components daughnting.
  • stephie4111
    stephie4111 Posts: 118
    Options
    my profile pic is after 60 days of brazil butt lift. i lost a couple inches everywhere and 7 pounds. I really do recommend the programs. they are awesome thats why i am a coach now
  • lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I am 30 days into p90x. I was 325 when I started. I am 315 now. I have to modify a lot in the videos but it is fun. The important thing is to just keep moving. Also, I skip the yoga video. I do a 3 mile walk instead. Good Luck!
  • mkshortall
    mkshortall Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I personally do the P90 as I was concerned that jumping straight into P90X was going to be to much. My profile pic is Day 60 progress, down 40 lbs so far :-) I also am a coach now for them as I have found a new love in helping people and talking about these workouts and nutrition...
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I have just started P90X. From what I have seen so far, there is nothing in the program that would prevent a morbidly obese person from completing it.

I like that the host says at least half a dozen times to rest if you need to. Hit the pause button if you need more time. He shows variations for new people.
  • CoconutExpress
    Options
    I started P90X in March - I'm currently on Day 77!! I modified bits that were tough - but mostly I pushed through it and have increased my strength and athletic ability so much! I did the lean version and I almost wish I'd done the regular "classic" schedule. But that being said I've lost nearly 27lbs and more inches than I can count.

It's totally doable while you are obese and it will help you get in much better shape!
  • lordsyrinex
    lordsyrinex Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am going through P90 right now and have done it before, but after I run through this set I am going to be moving on to P90x. Everyone that I know that has gone through P90x has had incredible results, but they all say that it definitely isn't easy. The length of time for the P90x workouts gets a lot of people too. P90 for level 1-2 is 29 and 41 minutes for sculpt and sweat and then about 4 minutes for the ab ripper workout. I personally think it's a good gateway to get ready for P90x since it's the same trainer in both.
  • hfzimmerman
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm not really worried about the length of time the workouts take as I try to do 1.5- 2 hours of exercise everyday now. However, I HAVE to exercise at night because I have two very young kids that won't let me exercise when they're awake besides I also work full time and I'm going to school for my MBA. I appreciate all the responses I believe it will be difficult but I also believe that I can do it! Thanks
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!