Hello Everyone!:) New Here:)

Options
My name is Carrie and I am a 35 yr old SAHM to 3 wonderful kids:) I am currently 5 foot tall and weigh in a 160. Id like to get down to 100. Im almost certain that most of my problem revolves around exercise since the food I eat and the amount isnt bad. I currently eat on average once to twice a day. I will normally eat a sandwich for lunch and then our reg supper for dinner that night which usually includes a meat, veggie and potatoes, bread, pasta. Sometimes I wont even eat lunch and it will just be supper that I eat. Im wondering if that might be the problem...that Im not eating enough which is causing my body to store and hold the little amount I do take in? I have heard that eating like 6 very small meals a day is better for weightloss than eating less and starving yourself. I do not starve myself at all...its just being a mom to 3 Im constantly busy or doing other things and I just dont like to take the time out to stop and make me something...I tell myself, Oh Ill just eat tonight. So Im thinking with some good exercise and possibly eating more smaller amounts throughout the day? would that help? Advice?? lol Im new to all this:) The meals I cook are good meals but they do tend to be high in breads, carbs and meat. I cook everything from scratch including our bread, we dont eat processed foods at all and junk food isnt done except on rare occasions. I do sometimes whip up a batch of homemade brownies or cookies that I make from scratch from time to time for the kids as I treat:) I just need help!! Im SO sick of looking at myself and I have just come to the conclusion that I HAVE to change this and get back into shape. Looking for friends also to chat with, support and get to know throughout this journey!:)

Replies

• Evilma
    Evilma Posts: 14
    Options
    Welcome Carrie. You can add me as a friend. You should really be eating 6 small meals a day. Doing so will ramp up your metabolism. By eating so poradically, you are confusing your body and its not sure when it will be getting food again so you are placing your body into "starvation mode" which means your body will store a lot of the food just in case.
  • NormaLouee
    NormaLouee Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Carrie! You sound like a great mom! Friend me, I would love to share success stories.
  • nellsbaby
    nellsbaby Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi, I agree with Evilma, eating small meals is much better for your body. add me if you like!
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!:) Thats what I thought:) I will start eating 6 small meals a day..possibly at ruffly the same time each day:) Might be hard at first because Ill be forcing myself to eat when my body doesnt actually feel hungry but thats probably because its just gotten used to only receiving one or two meals a day and has adjusted to that:)
  • ultim8one
    ultim8one Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    great bodies are made in the kitchen. 5 or 6 meals (as already mentioned) is a good way to start on your journey. However, what you should be eating in those meals is very important as well. Feel free to message me along the way if you have any diet questions. I can only offer you what I've learned in MY experience and what works for me but I can maybe also direct you to articles and studies that may answer some of your questions. Best of luck .. and remember ... consistancy is the key ingredient !!
  • staryful7
    staryful7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Carrie,

Welcome! I am like that we eat healthy foods, but I dont work out. But I am planning to do some type of exercise each day and no more excuses. I am a busy working Mother/wife and know that we tend to put ourselves last on the list, but we have to make ourselves first to be able to care for our world. I wish you luck. Please friend me, you have new cheerleader in me! :)
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!!!