O blood type and exercise

Options
I've read a book recently wherein a doctor wrote about the difference blood type makes in diet, and briefly mentions difference in how exercise can impact us based on blood type.

What I am curious about is if you are an O blood type, does vigorous exercise at night cause problems for going to sleep?

Replies

• mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I don't think blood type has any effect on exercise and sleep cycles....

but yea I'm type O and I work out at a night all the time, no problems here.
  • TGKvr
    TGKvr Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Eat Right for your Blood Type?

I'm an O blood type and I can't work out at night... but I think it's more to do with energy expended than blood type. I feel invigorated after a workout, and need time to wind down afterwards...
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    O and vigorous "exercise" in the evening helps me fall asleep :bigsmile:

I would double check that doctor's reference studies.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Please do not believe silly things.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    no.
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    That is weird :P
    I am an O type and I don't have any issues with sleep no matter when I exercise
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    ummm... no!
  • brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    This is just bunk.

I am an O and work out about 75% at night, no problems.

If someone is selling you a theory that had you doing different things based on things like your shape, your sign, your blood type, don't buy it.
  • firefli0523
    Options
    Im an O and just went for a run at 9pm :) Sure it amps me up a bit afterwards but Ive always been that way after a workout. Then I fall right to sleep! Dont think it has anything to do with blood type.