Lunch biggest meal?

Options
2»

Replies

• Doomfrog
    Doomfrog Posts: 79
    Options
    I eat 6 times a day and Meal #3 (which is usually around "lunchtime") is where I eat the most calories. It just gives me what I need to push through the rest of the day and allows me to have just a small snack before I work out. But I haven't noticed any change/difference in my weight loss due to this. It's just a personal preference.
  • SaraADaigle
    SaraADaigle Posts: 51
    Options
    What do you all think?

If you do not change your total daily intake of food (sum of what you eat by end of day) and you are just referring to how you divide that food into your meal sizes, it doesn't make any difference at all.

It MAY make a difference for your personal preference or your performance during exercise, and you should be mindful of this and structure your plan accordingly.

THANK YOU! I must let my husband read this .... me and him disagree ... but it's all about creating a calorie deficit, at least at the beginning anyways :)
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    What do you all think?

If you do not change your total daily intake of food (sum of what you eat by end of day) and you are just referring to how you divide that food into your meal sizes, it doesn't make any difference at all.

It MAY make a difference for your personal preference or your performance during exercise, and you should be mindful of this and structure your plan accordingly.

^ Perfectly stated
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Meal timing and/or meal frequency have zero effect on weight loss. You can eat 2000 calories in 1 meal at dinner time or 3 balanced meals or 6 meals throughout and it wont' matter as it's all 2000 calories. Your body doesn't know what time it is so anyone who tells you different just doesn't know what they are talking about.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19943985
  • EternalJourney
    Options
    The Dalai Lama said in an interview once that his biggest meals were in the morning :p food for thought