Shrinking in Ohio

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Shawna, and I just signed up for myfitnesspal today. I've been seeing a dietician since 4/17/2012, and so far I've lost 19.5 lbs! Woohoo! I have to lose over 150 lbs to hit my goal weight, but my dieitican thinks I'll be able to do it by 4/30/2014.

I do work out every day. I have a buldging disc in my back, so I'm going through physical therapy. My work outs are limited to core training and a sit down cardio machine. But I've come a long way in the last month. I didn't move at all except to go to the restroom. I never left my house unless it was for a doctor's appointment. I'd given up on life and my health. I've been like that for almost 3 years. I could barely walk a month ago, and now I can walk for 15 minutes without the use of a cain.

This weekend was so hard! All the bbq's and cakes and chips! I was surrounded by unhealthy food! But I turned it down and stuck with eating healthy. It paid off because I lost 3.5 lbs this week! It really helps doing a weigh in once a week. I don't want to gain weight when I step on the scale, and I think it really keeps me on track.

I'd love to meet some new friends that are going through the same battle. It's not easy doing it alone. Hope to talk soon!

~Shrinking Shawna~

Replies

• Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Hi Shawna, welcome to MFP :-)
  • ultim8one
    ultim8one Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Cnograts on your new start and your early progress !! I'll say this a million times here .. consistency is the key !! Also remember that a scheduled "cheat" is a mentally healthy part of this process as well is not beating yourself up about it. Be sure to talk to your nutritionist about that .... Keep up the good work !!
  • ShrinkingShawna
    ShrinkingShawna Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thanks Hestion! Thanks ultim8one! As far as the cheating goes, it's a bit early for that yet. I figure I've eaten enough fried chicken in the last 3 years to carry me a while! hahaha She does say once in a while is ok, but for now I'd rather stick it out. I may have to have a milkshake at some point this summer though! ;)
  • ConstableOdo
    ConstableOdo Posts: 104
    Options
    Hey, also a Shawna, also in Ohio. We should be friends. We have different goals but whatever.
  • thaze90
    thaze90 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am in Ohio, feel free to add me.
  • ShrinkingShawna
    Options
    Thank you Odo & Thaze! I've sent a request to both of you. :)
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just visited Ohio, and had a great time! Feel free to add me.
  • jzzrose
    jzzrose Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello my name Jazzie and 21 years old and weight 228 on a good day.
    Really trying to weight 185 just so tried of not looking good in clothes lol.
    I started 3 months ago loses 9 pounds but need some friend to help me push myself and push u
    We all know how hard this it to do alone :)
    We all are looking to do the same thing being healthy feeling better and looking good.
    Well girls lady let's do this :)
    Fee free to add
  • andreamkelly
    andreamkelly Posts: 169
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I have over 100 pounds to lose also, feel free to add me as a friend. I'm on here all the time and welcome all who need friends for support and encouragement!
  • ShrinkingShawna
    Options
    Thank you Mishy, Jazzie & Andrea!! I sent buddy requests to you! :)
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    Ohio here also...I've got a little bit more than you to lose. Feel free to add me
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    ohio... born and raised... feel free to add me.

It is a lot easier to type than it is to shout in my part of the state lol

Edit: For all thee ohioians out there... their is a group... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/368-ohio-
  • cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Good Luck on your weight loss. MFP is a great place. I have been here for over a year now and can't imagine not being here. I have met great friends and I am on here a ton. Please add me if you like. I have some good meals and you can look at my diary for ideas if you want it's public. Again good luck and best wishes :)
  • ShrinkingShawna
    Options
    Thank you tmauck, vade & c! Buddy requests sent! :)
  • ShrinkingShawna
    Options
    Good morning new friends! Hoping for a better day today. :)
  • kim8184
    kim8184 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi, and congrats on your weight loss to date. That is simply amazing. I know how you feel with the whole disc thing. I have two bulging in my lower back, plus an annulus tear. It is so much fun (add sarcasm here). I too live in Ohio, Swanton to be exact. I would like to lose about 75 more lbs. I started this journey at 237 and have lost 25lbs so far. Please feel free to add me. I am very supportive of all of MFP friends and I would be proud to be in this with you. I know you can do this. Trust me, I know how bad it hurts to have to workout with back issues. I also had to have two disc's in my neck replaced with cadaver bone and have a plate fuse in there to keep them immobile. I have found that when you start to lose weight, you will notice a big difference in the amount of pain you have. Make sure you stretch out your back every day, as best as you can. I've noticed that when I stretch out my back really well, it feels so much better. Good luck to you on your journey. Remember you can add me if you like, I will be in there with your for the long haul, Kim
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Hello my name Jazzie and 21 years old and weight 228 on a good day.
    Really trying to weight 185 just so tried of not looking good in clothes lol.
    I started 3 months ago loses 9 pounds but need some friend to help me push myself and push u
    We all know how hard this it to do alone :)
    We all are looking to do the same thing being healthy feeling better and looking good.
    Well girls lady let's do this :)
    Fee free to add

freaky! I am in central ohio...and my starting weight was 228.4....and I only lost 7 pounds in my first 3 months of working out. Just 3 weeks ago I went low carb and lost another 6-7 pounds so far. I am sick of looking like the pillsbury dough boy when I try to find new clothes--I just want to be able to wear the cute stuff without it looking like maternity clothes. Right now my goal is to weigh less than hubby--he weighs 199 :) My end goal is around 145. That is relative though--I know that if I gain a lot of muscle, the scale may not go down as far as I want it to, but that is OK.
  • PattyfromToledo
    PattyfromToledo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    What a great response to the cheating comment!!! Sounds like your head is right where it needs to be. Welcome to MFP...
  • artbkward
    artbkward Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm in Ohio too. Congrats so far!
  • artbkward
    artbkward Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    ohio... born and raised... feel free to add me.

It is a lot easier to type than it is to shout in my part of the state lol

Edit: For all thee ohioians out there... their is a group... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/368-ohio-

How do I join the group?