Getting back after injury

Options
I was in a car accident in January resulting in knee injuries. My Dr and PT didnt want me doing high impact exercise for a while. I still did zumba (more high impact than I should've) and walking but I am now 20 lbs heavier and feeling really unhealthy. My diet has been as unpredictable as my income :/. Well, let's try this again.

Replies

• ultim8one
    ultim8one Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I was in a car accident in January resulting in knee injuries. My Dr and PT didnt want me doing high impact exercise for a while. I still did zumba (more high impact than I should've) and walking but I am now 20 lbs heavier and feeling really unhealthy. My diet has been as unpredictable as my income :/. Well, let's try this again.

Knee Injuries can be a difficult thing to rebound from. I had my ACL done 2 years ago so I know how tough it can be. I tend to find that as long as your eating habits (diet) are in check then that's the most important thing when you find you are going to spend longer periods of time away from the gym. I'm going out on a limb here and guess yours wasn't since you put on 20 lbs in roughly 5 months. I'm sure you'll find that you can fully recover from the weight gain with some eating adjustments. That way you can keep from the added stress of not being able to be as physically active.