Insanity (?)

Options
I am on my 5th day, I don't want to loose the weight, my goal is to tone all areas. However, do I have to LOOSE weight in order to loose inches off my waist?

Anyone with experience and knowledge is welcome to comment. Thanks in advance for the tips!

Replies

• Banker2Bikini
    Banker2Bikini Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    From what I have read from others that have been doing the program for a couple weeks have lost inches and gained more weight. Which makes sense with more muscle tone :)
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Its entirely up to you. If you dont want to lose weight then eat your maintainance calories and eat your exercise calories back and see how it goes. I am on day 11!
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Yes. You have to lose fat while preserving muscle mass to achieve a "toned" look. Losing weight is a requirement for losing fat.
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I've done 3 rounds and am currently doing a p90x/insanity hybrid. Depending on your initial level of fitness your muscles may swell and ache. This is actually water retention and will clear up in a week or so if you stick with it. I'm afraid that one can indeed lose fat faster than one can build muscle. So yes some weight loss will occur as those inches leave. One way to try to limit the weight loos to 'just fat' is to eat only @ a 500 cal deficit. Don't go larger and you'll preserve your muscle mass while melting your BF.

Friend me if you like, I'm on w/ a bunch of p90x/insanity folks.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Muscles swelling and aching is water retention?
    One way to try to limit the weight loos to 'just fat' is to eat only @ a 500 cal deficit. Don't go larger and you'll preserve your muscle mass while melting your BF.
    That could help, but that alone won't matter much.