Help! Weight lifting / Cardio

Options
I've been lifting weights since Nov 2011.. I've seen tremendous results. I'm not looking to lose weight just tone.. I'm currently needing help with abs, thighs, butt.. the usual. I do not like cardio and I think that's why I'm not seeing the results I want.. My thigh are toning more, they are actually getting to the point where my jeans are tight in the thighs... a little bulk ok.. but not much. Still not toned like I want. I have began walking... I walked almost 3 miles on Sunday. How much cardio should I incorporate in my workouts. I have been doing about 10 min on a bike/elliptical at the gym before weight lifting just to get my heart rate up. Wondering if I should be dedicating at least one workout at week to just cardio.. like walking 3 miles etc. I just want to make sure I'm working out to the best of my ability.. I have certain goals I want to obtain, granted it hasn't been that long, but I'm getting a little discouraged. Extreme tone is my goal... does it just take time or am I doing something wrong. I'm also eating every couple of hours.. try to eat right ect. Any pointers?? Anyone?

Replies

• nevabigenuff
    nevabigenuff Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat as you. Cardio is good, i aim for 30 mins 4 times a week. But like you i also dread cardio, so rather then bust out endless hours on the treadmill i do high intensity weight training, keeping rest to a minimum. Eating every 2 hours is good just make sure they are healthy meals with a high quality protein component. At the end of the day exercise is to burn calories and high intensity weights can burn just as many calories as cardio. I have found good programs for this on body building web sites.