Sugar intake to high - Help!!

Options
I monitor 6 different things on MFP, Calories, Carbs, Saturated Fat, Protein, Sodium and Sugar. All usually finish green (most of the time) but my sugar is always red.:huh: I am only allowed 27 for my sugar a day and usually by the time I have had breakfast my sugar levels are at the limit.:noway: Is this bad if you go over on your sugar? Any good tips to prevent this? Its not as though I go mental eating sugary snacks or have sugar in my tea, its just in things like fruit and cereals etc. Help!!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    a) turn it off
    b) set a higher number
    c) don't worry about it

Sugar in tea is the same as sugar in cereals, but no need to stress over sugar as such.
  • Fay84Vegan
    Fay84Vegan Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Fromage frais, Cakes & Fruit juice

If you want to lower your sugar intake cut all of them out !!

I had the same problem with my sugar intake.

Change all fruit choices to berries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries and blueberries as they have the lowest levels of sugar.

:smile:
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    The reason for fromage frais was to up my calcium, I feel I am not getting enough calcium!:smile: I will have to look for another alternative!:tongue:
  • Fay84Vegan
    Options
    well i would say a glass of semi skimmed / skimmed milk OR like me, i drink fortified Soya Milk :smile:
  • LisaBeateith2012
    Options
    Thanks fay I think I will try Soya milk! :drinker:
  • Fay84Vegan
    Options
    Great choice,

Make sure you look at the label to check it has added vitamins and calcium :smile:
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical condition that requires you to monitor your sugar intake, then I would take the category out. You are already monitoring carbs. Just stay under on those and you will be fine.
  • LisaBeateith2012
    Options
    @myak623 - I do not have a medical condition! Thanks for the advice much appreciated!:flowerforyou:
  • LisaBeateith2012
    Options
    @fay - Thanks I will! :flowerforyou:
  • empenTen
    empenTen Posts: 29
    Options
    Mine is always over too, when I started I used to worry about it but figured that as long as I pay attention to cals, carbs and fat then it would all work out ok - and it has done so far.

I think its unrealistic to consider cutting out things or making swaps to foods that it is going to be difficult to stick to. Ultimately it is far more important that you find a food plan that you can stick to and continue
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Just a couple of fruits and yogurts do that to me also, I took that category out now because I felt like I was failing seeing that in red all the time.