6ft tall women, what is your goal?

Options

Replies

• TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and I'm going to move down to 160 for insurance purposes.. but 188 would put me at 20% bodyfat, so I'm not sure how I'm going to do this at all.

I'll get there eventually!
  • meganmac21
    meganmac21 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2 and I haven't been below 200 for about 5 years now, hovered around 215 for a while, which I was ok with, but then I moved in with my boyfriend 3 years ago :/ Let's just say my body doesn't agree with not being single. Anyway, initially, I wanted to get down to 185 (high school weight), but I put on a lot of muscle in college and just found out that my LBM is 174 now, so, my new goal is somewhere between 190 and 200.
  • MaxwellsDemon
    Options
    I'm 5'11"

CW: 166
    GW: 160

But I'm thinking of changing that to 150 once I get down to 160. We'll see. Either way, it's less than what my driver's liscense says and that's the ultimate goal:tongue:

Me too - all of the above, lol!!
  • gypsykitchen
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and have a pretty large frame, wide shoulders and hips. Love seeing all these responses from other tall ladies who have similar goals to me!

Starting weight: 260 (the heaviest I've ever been is about 268)
    Current weight: 244
    Goal: 200
  • longleggedgiraffe
    Options
    5feet 10inches here...yes always the tallest all the way through school...even highschool :) My goal weight is 150-160. I weigh 183 right now.
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    I am 5 feet 11 and a half and I weigh 198. I once got down to 173 and I was size 6. Super skinny and that was pre-baby. So dont want to be there again...Now my goal is 180.
  • saramea
    saramea Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am 5 feet 11 and a half and I weigh 198. I once got down to 173 and I was size 6. Super skinny and that was pre-baby. So dont want to be there again...Now my goal is 180.

You must carry the weight well. At 173 I'm a size 12, at least around my midsection. Now I'm between a 8-10 and mostly because of my stomach. 10lb babies do that to a girl.
  • spartangirl79
    spartangirl79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    By the way, I run, swim, walk my dogs, and do yoga (all kinds). I used to lift weights but am taking a break from that for multiple reasons.

What does everyone else do for their workouts?
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    5'11 & 1/2

SW: 190
    CW: 155 (GOAL)

I thought I was pretty happy with 155 but after seeing some pics from this weekend, I think I may need to reconsider and drop a few more. Or at least start lifting more....
  • MIssnewme9211
    MIssnewme9211 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm a tall girl myself! I want to be Under 200 lbs also. That would be my ideal weight for my height.
  • saramea
    saramea Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    By the way, I run, swim, walk my dogs, and do yoga (all kinds). I used to lift weights but am taking a break from that for multiple reasons.

What does everyone else do for their workouts?

I just started the program in New Rules for Lifting for Woman. I am not a fan of cardio so I'm hoping strength training will help.
  • luvsherhubby
    luvsherhubby Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the +25 lbs.
    If you had 175 lean +25 fat, that would be unhealthy 12.5 % body fat.

How is 12.5 % body fat unhealthy for a woman? a "healthy fat % for women is 23-25%. Do you mean under fat?
  • jennnnn2u
    jennnnn2u Posts: 133
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and started doing MFP at 322 pounds which is my highest weight ever. I have a very large build and hope to get to 199. :) If I could get to 180 I would be so thrilled but when I was at 200 I felt really good. My lowest weight was 160 (pre-baby) and I was sickly thin so I don't think I want to go that low again. My first weigh-in is tomorrow!! Weeeee!
  • juliebmomof3
    juliebmomof3 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am 6ft and just had a baby girl a month ago
    CW 225
    Short term GW 200
    Long Term GW 175

and I rock the heels as well, but my husband id 6'7 so I get away with it :)
  • jennnnn2u
    jennnnn2u Posts: 133
    Options
    Holy Cow! You're going to have a very tall child!!
  • Kymmy81
    Kymmy81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 6ft tall, I'm currently around 267 and my goal is 185-190. I have quite a large frame, and a decent muscle mass to preserve, so I think trying to get lower than that would be some wishful thinking!
  • gamjohn
    gamjohn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1" and my goal is 180. When I get much below that, I get asked if I'm sick :) I tend to have dark circles under my eyes and being thinner enhances them.
    I always dread telling people my ideal weight is what most women would hate to weigh :) I always have to go into the 'its because I'm so tall' (which sometimes I hate hearing even) :)
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    You all should check out this group:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/90-totally-tall-women-of-mfp

Anyway:
    I am 5'10" and my goal is 150ish or where ever I am when my belly firms up!
  • 4boysandme
    4boysandme Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm 5'11"1/2

SW: 215 (after my third child in 2009 and usually got around 250 with each pregnancy *yikes* with 9lb+ babies)
    CW: 166 ( dropped 30 pounds since October 2011 with the help of a personal trainer and MFP food diary)

My goal weight is 160 and I will see how I feel once I get there. I am at the point now where I want to start focusing on building lean muscle/definition.
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0, and my goal weight is 170-180. I ROCK heels all day everyday. lol. I LOVE my heels!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!