How often should I take measurements??

Options
I have stopped weighing myself every day, instead opting for once a week, but I want to take measurements too. Once a week seems like it would be too much. How often should I be taking progress measurements? How often do you guys take your measurements?

Replies

• Kalebsmommy424
    Kalebsmommy424 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I never take measurements I just let my clothes tell me..If you want to I would say every couple weeks
  • TiffanyHarris4
    Options
    Mine are taken after every set of 12 sessions with my trainer. Usually averages every two months. It seems to be giving me a good idea on my progress!
  • hmoncel0409
    hmoncel0409 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Im measuring about every four weeks.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I do mine once on the same date of every month. No particular reason other than I don't wanna overdo it (there was a time I'd measure 8-12 times a day) and I want to have a set day so I behave. :smile:
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    For the sake of consistency and sanity, I wouldn't measure any more frequently than once every 2 weeks.
  • ready2tryagain42
    Options
    I measure around the first of the month. We have a trainer here at the gym I go to..and I get her to measure me. I feel like it is more accurate since someone else is doing it and has the knowledge of how to do it accurately.
  • brainbird2
    brainbird2 Posts: 9
    Options
    I would say once a month is plenty but like Kalebsmammy said, your clothes will tell you how youre doing!! I tend to pay attention to how I feel rather than what I weigh or measure!!
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I measure and weigh once a month.
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I recorded my weight and measurements once a week. It won't go down nearly as much as if you measure less, but I liked seeing the progress week to week in the small increments.

Though I also weigh every day (but only record once a week). The daily fluctuations don't bother me at all.
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself weekly, but take measurements on the 1st of every month.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I only do it about once a month... For me anyway the changes were too subtle doing it any sooner. I suppose it depends on how weight you have to lose though - I'm super close to goal so my progress is sllloooowwww goin.
  • reshapemariah21
    reshapemariah21 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I measure every month, you'd be surprised to see how many inches you can lose in a month. :smile:
  • jennmetz
    jennmetz Posts: 20
    Options
    Monthly
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Monthly it is! Thanks!!!!
  • Sonriendo
    Sonriendo Posts: 98
    Options
    Yep I usually measure every month... I don't weight myself either....
    :wink:
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Once a month!