Hi - new and nervous!

Options
Hi there..
Just signed up to this this evening.. hoping that this will help me finally shift the excess weight. It has been really getting me down and I cannot let it anymore!

Replies

• Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome :-)
  • noelkm67
    noelkm67 Posts: 118
    Options
    Welcome! glad to have you here.

:-)
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hello! You will love this community! Feel free to add me- I try to be as active as I can to help motivate and support :)
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love MFP. Do yourself a favor and find some good people to friend. And make sure to log whatever you do.

Good luck!
  • danielle3203
    Options
    welcome, this is a great site with great people. feel free to add me, the more friends, more the motivation!
  • czuniga03
    czuniga03 Posts: 99
    Options
    Welcome & good luck!
  • shanban80
    shanban80 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm new too! Good luck and I hope you get there!
  • Ke1ra78
    Ke1ra78 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp. Feel free to add me as a friend, Im always on and willing to help motivate and support. Good luck on your weight loss journey.:-D
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. There are great tools here to help you track food, drink and exercise. The friends network you build are great and supportive as well. Feel free to add me if you like
  • yvonnemcg
    yvonnemcg Posts: 3
    Options
    Wow, thanks for the welcomes!!

I have NO idea where to start or how to even!! Having a good luck around the site here to try and help me..
  • mammdoe1
    mammdoe1 Posts: 4
    Options
    hi and welcome
  • BookofJenny
    BookofJenny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome! MFP is brilliant - everyone is so lovely and supportive, plus it is full to the brim with advice:)
  • mboktay
    mboktay Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard the MFP train. What a ride it is and can be. It's an awesome sight. As others have said a big part of making it successful are friends that are encouraging, logging and water. Feel free to add me.
  • Venturin
    Venturin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi Yvonne, welcome to MFP. You can lose weight if you commit to it and track everything you do, make this a new lifestyle and don't beat yourself up when you slip a little. Just jump back on the horse and keep riding! We're all doing this together and we will succeed.

Good luck!
  • Sprootles
    Sprootles Posts: 16
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined this morning, so I know how you feel...but guess what? I'm through my first day and I didn't go over on the calories! I even got all the water in. If I can do it, you can do it.

You can friend me if you want...in fact anyone who wants to can.

Amy
  • yvonnemcg
    Options
    Hello there..
    I'm mortified that I went away so quickly.... I am a walking disaster but now I have had enough, I am very down about my weight and its my own fault.. I need to make a change, as I am not a nice person at the moment.
    So here I am, ready to start loosing, thanks. x
  • jaena4
    jaena4 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm always looking for more supportive and encouraging friends - feel free to add me!
  • accutron
    accutron Posts: 10
    Options
    Welcome!

I am new here too & the people are great. I just started a week ago with a simple stationary bike. I was down in the dumps too but once I commited to a schedule of 30-60 min. a day it is amazing what 1 little week has done. I have a ton more energy, my spirits are up & I look forward to coming home from work & getting on the bike. Get started anyway you can & don't give up!
  • 4SamNDan
    4SamNDan Posts: 17
    Options
    Hello and welcome please feel free to add me as a friend! Best of luck to you!!! Anthony
  • npaverico
    Options
    I agree with him!