Eating your calories burned from exercise

Options
2»

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The way the site is set up, you're supposed to eat them.

I did and I'm very happy with my results.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I eat my exercise calories. I feel much better when I do!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I've lost a little weight eating my exercise calories back..... Best of Luck....
  • klalaw
    klalaw Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I've tried several variations, and have continued to lose weight at a fairly steady pace of about 1.5 lbs/week regardless of what I was doing. MFP originally had me at 1200 calories, and I ate every exercise calorie I was given because I was feeling deprived at that level. After doing some reading about BMR, I cautiously increased my goal to 1350 and then 1450, eating back some, but not usually all, of my exercise calories. More recently, I'm working with a nutritionist who has me set at 1400 calories per day and advises NOT to eat back exercise calories, so I'm giving that a try, with success so far. I suspect, however, that on my higher calorie burn days, I will allow myself a few extra calories. I think part of the concern about eating back is that people will "reward" themselves for a workout and cancel out the benefit - I've seen articles about how people tend to overcompensate through a combination of rewarding themselves, underestimating their calorie intake, and overestimating their calorie burn.
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    bump