Plateau...help!

Options
Hey all - I'm hovering around 30lbs down, which I'm super proud of, but I need more motivation to kick it into higher gear and keep going towards my goals! Any ideas?? - Taylor

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Hey all - I'm hovering around 30lbs down, which I'm super proud of, but I need more motivation to kick it into higher gear and keep going towards my goals! Any ideas?? - Taylor

How long have you been stalled, with no weight change, or changes in measurements?

Have you changed your routine lately? More exercise, less, different intensity.

Still logging food as accurately as before?
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    More info please? How long have you been stuck at your plateau?
    You lost 32 pounds already. Congratulations! Did something change?
    Have you been eating you minimum?
    Have you been changing the level of your exercise as you became more fit?
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Not much to go on...but in looking at your diary...

Cut out the severe excess of sodium, start exercising, and be more consistent on your overall intake.

Best I can offer without more information
  • whatthedeuce23
    whatthedeuce23 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It's more of a mental plateau..been hovering back and forth between 3 or 4lbs the past couple weeks. When I'm focused I keep losing, but it's more my brain tired of being on track for so long - I guess it's more motivation that I need - or new ideas? I don't always log my exercise, because my job is pretty active and it's hard to add it lol..working on a farm half time and in a grade 2 classroom the other half! Or tips for energizing oneself after work to workout more?
  • caegem
    caegem Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, but I have not had the same sucess as you! Be proud of what you have acomplished, you have done awesome! Your calorie intake is pretty low, wondering if calorie cycling might help? Theres a really good article on it on calorie coach.com. Also, I agree with the folks above.....change up and increase your excercise! The body gets used to doing the same thing all the time, confuse it a little! But most of all dont get discouraged and give up!! It has taken me 9 months to lose 16 lbs....I know all about discouraged, but im not giving up!!
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Try logging your exercise and eat at least 1/2 the calories you work off.
    If you aren't already, try eating some of your favorite foods. Figure out ways to fit them into your plan.
    Even though you have an active lifestyle, try different forms of exercise. Work on the muscles, strength, flexibility or stamina that you don't have.
    Are you eating enough? You're eating a fairly low calorie diet. If you're not logging exercise, you may not be eating enough and could be stalling out your metabolism.
    Do something to make tracking fun... take one of the MFP challenges or post funny comments in the notes.

Good luck!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    It's more of a mental plateau..been hovering back and forth between 3 or 4lbs the past couple weeks. When I'm focused I keep losing, but it's more my brain tired of being on track for so long - I guess it's more motivation that I need - or new ideas? I don't always log my exercise, because my job is pretty active and it's hard to add it lol..working on a farm half time and in a grade 2 classroom the other half! Or tips for energizing oneself after work to workout more?

It's more likely you have brain fog and low blood sugar from lack of eating.

That is frankly a great daily activity routine you got there, great for fat burning. It's the kind of daily activity generations ago used to have.

But if you eat too little for you level of activity, you aren't actually doing your body nor brain any good.

Did you select Sedentary as activity level, thinking it would be safer and help weight loss?
    Wrong choices for just the 2 big things you mentioned there.

You really don't need to workout more actually, you need to have a safe deficit to keep losing at reasonable rate, like 2lbs a week should be realistic right now. IF, IF, you are honest with your activity level. I'd suggest Lightly Active is not even enough.
  • whatthedeuce23
    whatthedeuce23 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys - I actually didn't even think to change my activity settings - I set up the account while I was still in school, so I was sedentary, but now I'm working for the summer and waay more active! I'll do that now! :happy: