yummy

hasiangirl
hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
edited September 19 in Recipes
so i made the garlic alfredo out of the box (pasta roni) i used half and half so the calorie count is lower instead of whole milk...and then in a seperate pan i sautteed garlic and butter (1 tbspoon each) shrimp and bay scallops...I used 8oz of bay scallops and 12 large shrimp...Then when all of it was cooked, i served up two platters, i only needed half of a serving of noodles because it was so filling ate 6shrimp and 4 oz of bay scallops...when i calculated the ingredients together on a recipe anaylzer it came up to 355calories...it was delicious, creamy, and super easy to make(it literally took 10mins) to top it off, I am stuffed

p.s. The 4 oz of bay scallops and 6 large shrimp sautteed in 1 tbspoon butter and 1 tbspoon garlic was 190 calories...the other 165 was from the noodles because i only ate half a serving of them

Replies

• JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    so i made the garlic alfredo out of the box (pasta roni) i used half and half so the calorie count is lower instead of whole milk...and then in a seperate pan i sautteed garlic and butter (1 tbspoon each) shrimp and bay scallops...I used 8oz of bay scallops and 12 large shrimp...Then when all of it was cooked, i served up two platters, i only needed half of a serving of noodles because it was so filling ate 6shrimp and 4 oz of bay scallops...when i calculated the ingredients together on a recipe anaylzer it came up to 355calories...it was delicious, creamy, and super easy to make(it literally took 10mins) to top it off, I am stuffed

p.s. The 4 oz of bay scallops and 6 large shrimp sautteed in 1 tbspoon butter and 1 tbspoon garlic was 190 calories...the other 165 was from the noodles because i only ate half a serving of them

hasiangirl, half and half that you buy at the store is half cream and half whole milk so it has more calories than whole milk. Traditional half and half has 315 calories per cup where as whole milk only has 146 calories per cup.
  • JoyousMaximus
    Anyone?

Buerer?

Buerer?

Buerer?

Creepy stalker...:huh:
  • JoyousMaximus
    Creepy stalker...:huh:

:devil:
    :indifferent: :
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    sounds good! I love scallops n shrimp, will have to try that next time.
    I make lots of foods from boxes (sorry all you clean eaters out there), and I usually add chicken/turkey/pork and lots of veggies to them... even in some hamburger helpers :smile:
    It is a great way to use up leftovers without them looking like leftovers! :-) and save time..... and a lot healthier than just diving in a big bowl of mac and cheese, my husband thinks I am a brilliant cook! lol.... I am dreaming of seafood now!
  • hasiangirl

hasiangirl, half and half that you buy at the store is half cream and half whole milk so it has more calories than whole milk. Traditional half and half has 315 calories per cup where as whole milk only has 146 calories per cup.
    haha oops my bad...I used it just because i only had 1/3 of a cup of milk and needed 2 :laugh: :laugh: i didnt go grocery shopping this week ...but i looked at the label and it said 40 cals i must not have looked at the servings :blushing:
  • JoyousMaximus

haha oops my bad...I used it just because i only had 1/3 of a cup of milk and needed 2 :laugh: :laugh: i didnt go grocery shopping this week ...but i looked at the label and it said 40 cals i must not have looked at the servings :blushing:

Bet it tasted amazing though! :laugh: Who hasn't made the mistake of looking at calories and not the serving size? I just wanted to make sure you didn't keep accidentally using half and half.:flowerforyou:
  • hasiangirl

Bet it tasted amazing though! :laugh: Who hasn't made the mistake of looking at calories and not the serving size? I just wanted to make sure you didn't keep accidentally using half and half.:flowerforyou:
    lol good thing it was only another 1/3 of a cup :laugh: and yea ill be staying away from half and half
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    I love the use noodles, Ragu Alfredo, broccoli and shrimp.
    I boil the noodles and just about ready, throw in the shrimp and broc
    while all this is going on I sautee garlic in EVOO and sometimes sundried tomatoes.

drain the concoction and toss it in the pan with the garlic and alfredo sauce.

Quick meal and cheap

(when I have more time I make a sauce of my own, but sometimes 12 hr days do not allow for recipes!!):flowerforyou:
  • hasiangirl
    I love the use noodles, Ragu Alfredo, broccoli and shrimp.
    I boil the noodles and just about ready, throw in the shrimp and broc
    while all this is going on I sautee garlic in EVOO and sometimes sundried tomatoes.

drain the concoction and toss it in the pan with the garlic and alfredo sauce.

Quick meal and cheap

(when I have more time I make a sauce of my own, but sometimes 12 hr days do not allow for recipes!!):flowerforyou:
    I :heart: arewethereyet :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.