35 days of personal victories

Options
ajhr
ajhr Posts: 92 Member
So, today marks my 35th day logging in.
I'm a masters student and the last 35 days have included numerous deadlines, meaning hours at a desk, late nights, and general stress.
Traditionally, I have dealt with the situation with copious amounts of chocolate and candy, largely eaten in secret.

Over these last 35 days, I have made considered choices: I have eaten delicious food that does good things for my body; I have made time for a walk nearly every day; and I have kept a decent bedtime (most nights!).
In 35 days, I have lost 2.5kg/5.5lbs - probably more, but I haven't weighed myself since last Friday.

I'm feeling really proud of myself, so I just thought I'd share.

Replies

• opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • captiva0513
    captiva0513 Posts: 24
    Options
    I think it is AWESOME. Most of the victories behind the scenes are bigger deal than any victory the scale will every give you. As someone who stress eats/uses food for comfort I can very much appreciate what you have done. Great work!!
  • bryansaums
    bryansaums Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Superb...I'm going through crunch time too and know you're working hard...at everything. Good luck and keep up!
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I totally agree - you absolutely should be proud of yourself. Well done, you :)

I do the secret eating thing, too. In fact, that's how I know I shouldn't be doing it - because I feel ashamed about it and want to sneak it in without anyone noticing. So I'm slowly learning to use that as a warning sign - if I don't want to "own it", then I shouldn't eat it.

Also, as it turns out, my body LOVES eating right and exercising and I feel like crap when I don't. I also feel sluggish when I have more than one drink. So that's extra incentive to do the right thing by my body, it's just taken 29 years to recognise the subtleties of a well-functioning and happy body...

Keep it up!
  • ajhr
    ajhr Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words and support, everyone!

Here's to the next 35 and beyond!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!